Licensed Practical Nurse FT 2nd shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
New Perspectives at White Deer Run is looking for FT 2nd Shift LPN's Monday-Friday 4PM-12AM (No Weekends!).
New Perspectives is also offering a sign on bonus of $2,000.00
Are you ready to jump into an exciting career opportunity that will provide an opportunity to save lives while feeling challenged and professionally enriched on a daily basis?
White Deer Run Behavioral Health System is one of the leading providers of treatment for drug and alcohol addiction in Pennsylvania. The White Deer Run philosophy simply states that each patient will be treated as an individual, receiving treatment plans tailored to their specific needs.
Under the supervision of the Nursing Manager, the LPN is responsible for assisting the Physician in providing patient care in a supportive and therapeutic environment. The Licensed Practical Nurse coordinates with the Physician, Registered Nurse and Director of Nursing cooperates with other departments as required to provide for total patient care.
As a LPN at White Deer Run some of the duties performed are:
* Monitor patient health and administer basic care utilizing the nursing process in assessing, planning and carrying out care plan objectives and goals.
* Provide for the basic comfort of patient; implement nursing interventions identified in the plan of care that is individualized to their needs.
* Apply appropriate interventions to progress the patient towards wellness and address maintenance of wellness.
* Discuss the care provided with patient and listen to their concerns. Report status changes and concerns to registered nurses and doctors
* Keep records on patient health.
* Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patient, visitors, coworkers and others involved in the patient's treatment in an effective manner.
* Accurately administer medications per ordered note, document medication administration and reflect accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
* Maintain standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with facility policy and procedures, other external governing and credentialing bodies, performance improvement standards and psychiatric nursing standards.
* Provide for the safe delivery of medication in accordance with policies and procedures, physicians orders and/or current practice.
* Responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient symptoms, responses and progress
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)