Registered Nurse-Behavioral Health
Employment Type: Full-Time
YOU NEED SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN A DISRUPTED WORLD: SIGN ON BONUS $10,000 Full Time* DAY AND NIGHT SHIFT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The COVID-19 pandemic has increased feelings of fear, and anxiety amongst an already vulnerable population. There is no better time than now to work in a career field where you can directly support one another during a time of mental health crisis. Our hospital has taken increased precautions since the beginning of the pandemic and is a COVID safe facility. Join our team today and create a lasting positive impact on the wellbeing of our community! River Place Behavioral Health offers competitive compensation, benefits and regular opportunities for development and advancement.
River Place Behavioral Health, a service of Ochsner Health System, provides state-of-the-art psychiatric care for adults who are struggling with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and other mental health concerns. We are located in Laplace, Louisiana.
As a Registered Nurse at River Place you will participate in the development and implementation of patients' treatment plan by:
* Assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
* Providing nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
* Ensuring physician's orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
* Ensuring patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented and notifying physicians of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
* Accurately administering medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
* Exhibiting therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
* Communicating therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner.
One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a Registered Nurse is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career.
Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Prefer one year of nursing experience within clinical area of service provided by facility.
Current RN license as required by state. First Aid, CPR, de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).