Are you a socially conscious, dedicated professional who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their communities? If so, join us at Shine Early Learning, we support early childhood education partner programs across the country to create positive outcomes for the children and families that they serve.
We are looking for an inspired and dedicated individual to join our Ohio team as a Health Assistant.This is a part-time position, up to 24 hours per week
This position serves as an Assistant for the Director of Family Services and Health notably during the busy season of 30-45-90 day health screenings and requirements. The Assistant will work collaboratively with the Health team (DFSH and Disability Advocates) to ensure the health and well-being of all children and achieve our outcomes for children of all abilities including completing health screenings, data entry and follow up.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Assistant will demonstrate competency to perform functions that include:
- Assist with the completion of all 45 day and 90-day health screenings, including using hearing and vision machines for internal screenings on children
- Complete data entry using Shine Early’s data system
- Assist Health team in distributing a variety of health screening/requirement letters to parents
- Assist Health team with Health & Safety Audits as needed.
- Ensure child ratio rules and regulations during center-based screening days
- Monitor center health and screening supplies and first aid kits
- Other related duties
The Assistant’s responsibilities chiefly fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed:
- Communication and Service Coordination
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- Ongoing Monitoring/Self-assessment
- Planning and Implementing
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment
- Supporting the health and well-being of children
- Encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program in their child’s health
- Participates in assigned meetings, events, and training as required
- High School Diploma
- Previous work experience in the health field
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.