Outside Sales Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Outside Sales Representative is primarily responsible for calling on independent stores to sell our products, present & get new items authorized, sell in promos, some merchandising. Follows our monthly priorities from the business managers for each client. Enter turnover orders for all stores visited so they can be forwarded to our distributors to be delivered. Help Coordinate store events such as anniversary sales, demos, new store openings, remodel expansions, etc with promotional selling/merch vehicles.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following Acosta values:
People Minded - Must show dignity and respect to all people
Integrity - Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
Results Oriented - Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
Trust - Must be honest, sincere and confident
Teamwork - Must build trusting relationships
Innovation - Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
Balance - Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life.
* Visit the assigned stores in the territory monthly.
* Present new items for our clients and secure orders for same.
* Present promotional activity to store buyers and secure orders and if possible off shelf displays.
* Access distribution on existing items to be sure they are being carried.
* Assist in any merchandising needed for our products.
* At home after the visit - enter the orders taken into our turnover order system and transmit to the office for delivery of the product by the distributors.
* Work with the store on all special projects such as demos, trade events, remodels, new store openings, etc.
* Maintain current knowledge of products we sell and new items.
* Maintain a rapport with regional managers of our clients.
* Keep all informed of issues with stores, competitive activity, trends etc.
* Maintain full distribution and display of products in assigned accounts.
* Rotate stock, clean and stock display and price merchandise as appropriate.
* Perform such duties as checking date codes, ensuring adherence to approved plan-o-gram.
* Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma/GED
Work Experience Requirements:
* Five years prior retail experience required.
* Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
* Must have a valid driver's license and must be able to drive a car for extended periods of time.
* Must be available for occasional overnight travel (meetings/food shows)
* Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores).
* Must be able to effectively communicate with others.
* Must be able to speak and hear.
* Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, reach, pull, grasp and stand on a daily basis.
* Must have good vision, dexterous use of both hands and be able to operate a calculator, fax machine, telephone, copier, hand truck, pallet jack, hammer, screwdriver, drill and case cutter.
* Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.