Lead Experience Designer, Creative Cloud Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Lead Designer, Extensibility
Adobe Design is seeking a Lead Designer to join the Creative Cloud Services Extensibility Team and help us build the best tools in the industry for facilitating the creative process, from beginning to end; beyond traditional workflows. We are designing next-generation experiences for the wide range of customers-from pro creatives to creative communicators. This the future of web-based products, and new services that will form a new way creative professionals work for years to come!
What you'll do
As a key design member and thought-leader on our team, you will be an integral part of designing holistic experiences, with the goal of transforming the future of creative work; beyond the traditional set of Adobe tools. Because what we do involves many partner teams, we need someone who is motivated by bringing people together, listen and understand multiple perspectives, and drive progress toward the best solutions through leadership and innovation.
In this role, you will:
* Define and communicate clear strategy and vision in a way that is relatable, inspirational, and simple to understand.
* Find opportunities to create simplicity out of complexity. Make a plan and take action in ambiguous circumstances.
* Explore design ideas via sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes. Use feedback and research to refine and iterate towards product objectives. Pair strong communication skills with a user-centered perspective in order to influence and persuade.
* Work closely with senior executives, product managers, senior engineering scientists, and partners across the company to bring new products to life.
* Proactively collaborate across multiple teams to align on strategy and extend design patterns.
What you need to succeed
* 8+ years of experience and/or training in design or a related field
* A history of leading design for and launching complex, yet intuitive products
* College degree or equivalent practical experience in design with an emphasis on graphic design, HCI, or related design field
* Mastery of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, XD and other design tools such as Keynote, Sketch, or Figma
* Ability to build functional prototypes to test with users
* Experience working iteratively with an agile engineering team
* Very strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and storytelling skills
* Willingness and ability to contribute to the creative spirit of the Adobe Design team
* Excellent design craft and the ability to blend that with strong business acumen
* A real passion for collaborating across many subject areas
* Prior experience crafting products for team collaboration, cloud, and/or creatives
* Prior experience crafting design strategy for platform experiences and design systems
* Deep knowledge around and passion for accessible and inclusive design
* First-hand experience in a creative field other than software design (illustration,video editing, 3D-rendering, visual effects, publishing, etc.)
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio. We'd especially like to see strong systems thinking, elegant design solutions, and a demonstrated ability to adapt your designs based on what you learn.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world's ability to create and communicate. We're a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe's three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado.
Colorado Starting Salary: $156,100 - $202,700
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.