MTS Systems Design Eng
Employment Type: Full-Time
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the 'extra mile' to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
MTS - Windows Software System Performance Engineer
AMDs server team is looking for a Microsoft Windows performance engineer to be part of the Technical Staff in optimizing the power and performance of our new EPYC server line. Our EPYC architecture is a game changer for both client and server platforms. This candidate will be part of a fast-growing team developing new core competencies for the AMD server group.
We are looking for someone with a deep background in Windows operating systems. Ideally Windows server although many skills will be transferable from desktop and/or workstation. Candidate must be a fast learner and have a passion for teaching others.
* Help AMD platforms get the best performance possible in a Windows environment.
* Grow the overall team understanding of Windows including tools and techniques required to measure and analyze performance.
* Work hand in hand with the Microsoft operating system team to uncover new techniques for accelerating server-based applications
* Research trade-offs for our server architecture, especially as related to the memory hierarchy, storage systems, scheduling and I/O devices
* Work closely with AMD silicon designers to identify architectural changes / optimizations vital to get extreme performance from Microsoft Windows OS.
* Propose changes to memory, storage systems, I/O systems, file systems and operating system scheduling that improve power or performance.
* Experience with Microsoft Azure platforms. Other cloud platforms also a plus
* Hands on experience tuning Windows server operating systems for a data center environment
* Experience using a range of data science methodologies to conduct benchmarking and performance analysis.
* Experience tuning and optimizing hyper-V
* Cloud architect certifications, such as Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
* BS or MS in computer architecture, computer science, computer engineering or related field.
* 5+ years' experience in system architecture and performance analysis. At least 3 of those years passionate about Windows.
* Austin, Texas
Requisition Number: 82097
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click