Summer 2022 Memory Controller IP Design Co-op/Intern -
Employment Type: Full-Time
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the 'extra mile' to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The candidate will be involved in Memory Controller IP design / design verification / synthesis. The candidate will be engaged with both design, verification and synthesis groups, as part of day-day tasks.
* Participate in the verification of a complex IP block, take ownership of features
* Improve quality / productivity of our Design Environment by developing tools to speed up or improve specific flows
* Debug functional/performance bugs within the Memory Controller IP
* Strong Digital Logic Concepts
* Strong understanding of computer architecture
* Ability to Write and Understand intent of Verilog
* Shell scripting and Perl/Python for automation, data collection and data analysis
* Knowledge of Verification Concepts / Synthesis tools is a plus
* Strong algorithmic thinking and Object Oriented Concepts
* Must have good teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion
Completion of 3rd year of Electrical Engineering or Computer Science program preferred. MS and PhD candidates with or without prior industry co-op experience are welcome (all degrees must be related to CS or EE).
Requisition Number: 118683
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click