Registered Nurse - Med/Surg/Peds, Days, Full Time, 15K Hiring Incentive, Loan Forgiveness Eligible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health Bakersfield Medical Center is a 254-bed acute-care hospital serving Kern County communities with key service areas including brain and spine, heart, cancer care, orthopedics, emergency services, three Quest Imaging locations and the Adventist Health Physicians Network. The hospital is staffed by more than 645 affiliated physicians, 1,832 associates and more than 250 volunteers.
Adventist Health Bakersfield Medical Center has deep roots in Kern County - serving the community for more than 100 years!
Adventist Health Bakersfield has also been recognized as the only Top Hospital in Kern County, by the Leapfrog group. While this is a great recognition, what it really shows is our unwavering commitment to give our very best for our community as we carry out our mission of 'Living God's love by inspiring health, wholeness and hope.' As one of six hospitals in California and one of 35 in the nation with this 'Top General Hospital' status for patient safety and quality care, we appreciate being our community's hospital of choice.'
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN who:
Delivers coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients according to established standards of care and the nursing process. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned nursing staff, and coordinates care with other disciplines while utilizing critical thinking, professional and supervisory discretion, and independent judgment.
* Collects relevant data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnosis and care issues. Develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain outcomes. Implements the plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment. Evaluates progress toward attaining outcomes. Identifies outcomes for the patient or the patient's situation.
* Collaborates with the team of patient, family, and healthcare providers in providing patient care in a safe, healing, humane, and caring environment. Provides learning opportunities for patients/family members and team members. Directly provides health information to patients, families, and treatment team.
* Participates in discharge planning in order to provide continuity of care.
* Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of healthcare team members.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
* Acute care facility experience: Preferred
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
* Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Required
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.