Area Safety Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Airgas USA, LLC
Area Safety Manager
Territory covers Central, KY - Middle, TN
Benefits - Consistent Hours - Stability
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,400 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, a world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and many more.
JOB SUMMARY: Directs and oversees the company's health and safety policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with OSHA and other state, local, or company specific regulations and that periodic safety and compliance audits are conducted. Spearheads programs that ensure a safe workplace including safety orientations, skills training, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, hazardous material handling procedures, and the use of personal protective equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Promote and develop safe work behaviors. Assist and coach associates to reduce injuries and vehicle accidents.
* Plan, administer and support ongoing safety programs to ensure compliance.
* Liaise between facility and internal and external auditors. Interpret Safety Policies, Regulations and Standards to recommend or provide direction.
* Keep facilities current with regulations concerning DOT, OSHA, EPA, and the FDA. Also responsible for implementing procedures and the control of those documents.
* Conduct internal audits of all governmental disciplines ensuring required documents, training, and safety measures are in place. Forwards findings to appropriate management staff for corrective actions.
* Plan industrial health and ergonomic risk assessment surveys or analysis.
* Assure all applicable training is performed at all locations.
* Meet all compliance and reporting requirements of Federal and State regulations
* Assist Regional Safety Director in generating monthly safety meetings and data/presentations, which also include compliance presentations at branches, plants, and customer locations.
* Assist in creating training development packages (i.e. videos, Google Slides).
* Assist in setting up and maintaining all permits and maintain location files.
* Assist in medical manual updates, procedures, and controlling of said documentation.
* Be active in hazardous material operations, i.e. Airgas Emergency Response Organization (AERO), and other state and federal programs (PSM, RMP)
* Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: State medical registrations, Tier II Reporting and accident investigation and review
* Works in office, branch or plant environment with 75% Travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field, and at least 3-5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5 years of experience in the safety management of an industrial manufacturing and/or distribution company
* Working knowledge of Safety and OSHA regulations preferred.
* Computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and the Google platform (Mail, Calendar, Sheets, Drive).
* Valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and the Google platform.
* If qualified, must be a member of Airgas Emergency Response Organization/ Hazmat Team.
* Ability to be 'on call' 24/7 for emergencies and to respond to DOT- related questions associated with the shipment of hazardous materials.
* Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Highly motivated self-starter, who can effectively prioritize, multi-task and manage to accomplish objectives within tight deadlines.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Outstanding communication skills including written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Computer literate.
* Ability to perform extensive travel for training, auditing, and incident review purposes.
* Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours or more; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
* Must be able to work outdoors in a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
* Must possess the personality, enthusiasm and commitment to Airgas core values that promote cooperation and respect.
* The nature of this position demands discretion, good judgment, and prompt, accurate decision-making, as well as the management of complex situations.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability