Sterile Processing Inventory Tech
Employment Type: Full-Time
Akron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
* To treat every child as we would our own
* To treat others as they would like to be treated
* To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday through Friday
2:30pm - 11:00pm
On Call Rotation Required
The Sterile Processing Inventory Technician is responsible for a combination of the following functions: decontamination, correct assembly and sterilization of all instruments, and inventory control of Sterile Processing and Operating Room [OR] supplies.
1. Responsible for decontamination, correct assembly and sterilization of all instruments and equipment
2. Responsible for inventory control of Sterile Processing and OR supplies.
3. Must have working knowledge of regulatory standards for universal precautions, sterilization, and regulatory standards biological monitoring.
4. Ability to operate all sterilization equipment and recognize equipment malfunctions.
5. Follows procedures for ordering and receiving supplies
6. Participates in educational efforts for the department, unit, and hospital.
7. Participates in various hospital activities as appropriate and as directed by the Manager.
8. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in sterile processing is preferred.
2. Experience in inventory control is preferred.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: Certified Registered Central Service Technician is required within two years of employment.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: