Band Member - American Queen Steamboat Company
Employment Type: Full-Time
NOW GATHERING APPLICATIONS FOR AQSC 2021 SEASON START UPS
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
The Band Member is responsible for playing one instrument or a variety of instruments with the purpose of entertaining others; compose original music or perform covers for an audience. Participate in bands, orchestras, choirs, or play independently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist in the dockside/hotel check-in process
* Participate in greeting and welcoming of our guests in onboard embarkation
* Perform in all onboard production shows
* Cleanliness and up keep of all entertainment areas.
* Host any onboard activities as scheduled
* Perform at any/all entertainment venues as scheduled, (including providing sheet music and scheduling rehearsal with the accompanist)
* Participate in rehearsals as the Band Leader or Entertainment Director see fit
* Participating in weekly all-crew tasks including, but not limited to, operating a computer for weekly guest embarkation, emergency drills, loading stores, carrying trash, cleaning crew areas, handling luggage, transporting co-workers using company vehicles
* Make hospitality standards an important part of day-to-day duties
* Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills and emergency procedures as directed
* Performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications
* HS Diploma or Equivalent Require
* Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or an equivalent of experience
Professional Certification(s) or License:
* Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) - if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
* Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be fluent in English
* Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant and professional manner
* Proficiency with MS Office applications
* Ability to train and supervise employees
* Logically and independently plan, organize and complete work assignments
* Must maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance
* Four years of experience in position with similar duties and responsibilities
* Cruise industry experience preferred
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests, but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we promise to engage to live those values:
* We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
* We are stewards of the Environment through practicing conservation, protection and education.
* We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
* We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following ways:
* We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
* We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited emotion.
* We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
* We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
* As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and passionately compete like an underdog.
* We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and not stuck in the past.
* We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
* We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
* We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not entertain politics and bureaucracy.
* Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody teamwork by:
* We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our teammates.
* We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too seriously.
* And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.