Senior Environmental Technician - Construction
Employment Type: Full-Time
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Senior Technician - Construction to join our Building and Construction team at our Oakland, CA location.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Performs a variety of testing, project specific observations and site assessment duties under limited supervision and/or from detailed controlled procedures.
* Operates testing equipment and conducts testing, (example: Soil, concrete or other) and provides assessment of data through reporting
* Works utilizing drawings, specifications and diagrams
* Uses specific methods to observe site activities and perform tasks
* Reads and Interprets Plans and Specifications
* Maintains and calibrates standard equipment
* Supervises and performs complex assignments and work tasks
* Attend project meetings alone without supervision
* Trains other Technicians
* Make detailed observations and gives limited interpretation of results
* Maintains detailed documentation and data from test results
* Operates a calculator to calculate mathematical test results
* Communicates effectively with client and project teams
* Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
* H.S. Education or Equivalent, preferred
* 8 or more years of related experience required
* External (or task related) advanced certifications may be required based on region and state.
* Must be able to Supervise and Lead employees.
* Must have Basic Math, Calculator and Computer Skills
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
* Must be able to read
* Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
* Must have a Valid Driver's License
* Ability to lift, move, push and pull 30 to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
* Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
* Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
* Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
* Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
* Ability to climb occasionally
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.