Employment Type: Full-Time
The Controller will report directly to the CFO and will lead AlertMedia's financial accounting operations. The right candidate will be determined to support the company's continued fast-paced growth and work closely with Executive Leadership to meet company goals. The Controller will be expected to lead a team responsible for delivering accurate financials, as well as enhancing the financial recording, cost management and invoicing/collections infrastructure of the company.
Who you are:
You've had proven success as a Controller for a high growth Software company (SaaS preferred). You have managed teams and built out accounting best practices. Your attention to detail shows in the content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination. You're an accounting pro, equally as comfortable engaging with customers and internal teammates as you are working in spreadsheets and systems. You are a 'player-coach' who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help your team succeed.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries-including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart-to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
* Management and development of AlertMedia's accounting team, including the implementation of a new ERP system, new policies and processes
* Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements
* Reconcile general ledger accounts and record monthly closing journal entries
* Assist the CFO and FP&A function with managing organizational cash flow and forecasting
* Development and management of internal financial controls
* Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
* Effectively communicate financial matters to the executive leadership team
* Coordinate and lead the annual financial audit process, liaise with external auditors
* Provide quick and responsive ongoing administrative support to customers, employees, and vendors
* Acquire industry knowledge related to general trends, accounting procedures and GAAP rulings
* Contribute to AlertMedia's culture, values and vision for the future
* BS degree in Accounting, Finance or a relevant field required
* Certified Public Accountant and/or MBA is preferred
* 10+ years of broad financial and operations management experience in a software company (SaaS preferred)
* Proven track record in leading finance and/or accounting teams for high-growth software companies in a venture-backed or publicly-traded setting
* Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination, in accordance with US GAAP
* Experience managing and consolidating multiple entities (foreign entity experience a plus)
* Experience working within an accounting software system (Quickbooks, NetSuiteand/or Sage Intacct experience a plus) and with Microsoft Excel
* Successful track record of setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills that support and enable sound decision-making
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work closely with all employees of the company
* Must be independent, self-motivated and success-driven, yet willing to work within a team environment
* Positive energy, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
* The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
What we offer:
* Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
* Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
* Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
* Amazing rewards and incentives
* An exciting and positive work environment
* Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
* A Best Places to Work company 4 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.