Solution Architect Manager - AMS
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Alight, we believe a company's success starts with its people. It's why we're so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team's expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive. With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work. Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
The Solutions Architect Manager will be responsible for supporting the strategy and overall direction related to Alight's Professional Services solutions for Application Management and Optimization Services while overseeing a team of Solution Architects and Solution Consultants who focus on engaging with prospective clients and support sales activities by bringing product and industry expertise across a variety of software platforms (Workday, CSOD, SAP, etc.).
The Solution Architect Manager along with the Solutions Leader will work closely with Professional Services sales and business leadership to bring competitive and innovative offers to the market to further grow Alight's Application Management and Optimization business.
They will also work as a player coach and independently develop solutions to solve complex business problems and client needs. The Solutions Architect Manager will also facilitate client sales meetings as a Subject Matter Expert as well as partner with internal delivery leads and sales executives on client sales activity.
* Coach Sales and Solutions team to determine best solution for client from our suite of offers and work with appropriate Solution Architect within team to model solution.
* Responsible for capacity planning/management for AMS Solutions team. Support solutions structure to align with sales go-to-market strategy.
* Understand the competitive landscape, industry and customer needs to position Alight's solutions effectively.
* Partner with Sales and Strategic Account Executives to grow new revenue opportunities on current Alight clients (Phase X, expanded AMS/Optimization support, etc.)
* Participate in new solution/offer discussions.
* Navigate the discussions with business, sales, and clients to ensure an accurate and appropriate solution is achieved in a cost-effective manner.
* Act as point of contact and escalation related to AMS solutions.
* Support Sales Executives for most complex deals in requirement gathering, project scoping, proposal and SOW development, and review including attending sales meetings to provide Workday knowledge/expertise to complete due diligence and proposal presentation.
* Coordinate with Delivery Team SME for deep dive on complex or unique technical solutions to approve the system estimates and assumptions can be met.
* Support development of base materials needed for one-to-many client interactions (i.e. base offer slides, value prop slides, why Alight, etc.) in conjunction with Solution leadership, marketing, sales and business leadership.
* Support sales enablement activities.
* Own/oversee maintenance and modification of Business Development tools related to AMS and Optimization solutions including updates to quoting tool (Zimit) and content for proposal and SOW templates.
* Motivate and retain highly qualified individuals who are committed to delivering client and business results.
* Partner with colleagues to create development plan for their career goals, support colleagues in the annual performance planning process, and provide regular feedback.
* Recognize opportunities to build colleagues' knowledge, skills and confidence.
* Coach colleagues on providing high-quality service and building strong internal/external client relationships.
* Support colleagues in, and hold them accountable for, making appropriate business decisions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in business, technical or financial discipline or relevant field of study
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to thrive and excel in a lean, fast-paced, dynamic environment with high performance expectations
* Able to multi- task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Focused on attention to detail and accuracy and have strong analytic/diagnostic skills
* Flexible within the role and displays a willingness to get involved in appropriate tasks as requested from time to time
* Able to demonstrate customer management / service skills
* Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
* Minimum of 8+ years of experience in a similar role within HR/HRBPO administration and/or pre-sales and solutions
* Minimum of 5+ yeas of People Management Experience
* Previous sales or pre-sales experience preferred with ERPs
* Technical experience with Workday; including Workday certification (preferred)
* Analytics and diagnostic experience related to crafting client software solutions
* Customer management/service experience
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position. #LI Remote
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we're committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the United States
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Statement. Please note, offers are being determined on an individual basis. Alight takes into consideration the candidate's experience, education, certification/credentials, market data and internal equity. The estimated minimum salary for this role is $111,600.00/year (full-time). In addition to the base salary, this position may be bonus eligible. For specific benefit details, please visit this URL: https://bit.ly/Alight-Benefits
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.