Child Care Worker
Employment Type: Full-Time
Provides a safe and entertaining environment for children to freely express themselves. Will provide positive reinforcement to children and assist Counselors with all child care duties and operations. Observe and monitor children's activities and bring up any changes viewed to counselors and or case managers. Read to children and teach them simple activities such as painting drawings, handicrafts and songs. Organize and participate in recreational and educational activities such as games. Screen for service referral needed, document, and follow-up. Will provide services including consultations with mothers, and crisis interventions. Child Care Providers will also make necessary referrals and coordinate services, work with mothers to develop basic parenting skills, provide transportation, and engage in a treatment team approach with shared caseloads.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Keeps records of individual children, including daily observation and information about activities, meals served, medication, parent-child interaction, referrals and other daily activities.
* Communicating with clients and their children, listening, observing, and providing guidance using a variety of therapeutic techniques to provide a multi-phase growth process. Organized and participates in recreational activities such as games, reading, or any activity which will have a positive effect on the child.
* Provide parenting groups with clients and their children. Documenting casework in a timely manner in compliance with agency policy and procedure including writing objectives, intake, case notes, progress and discharge reports and other timely status reports as requested by the director.
* Coordinates and supervises children and their activities. Organize, store and sanitize toys and play equipment to ensure order in activity area.
* Compliance with the minimum standard rules for licensed child care center as depicted in DSHAS policy; assuring client's compliance with agency policies procedures and regulations.
* Teaching relevant knowledge about living skills, drugs, their effects, social attitudes and laws about drug use.
* Keeping abreast of current literature and developments in file.
* Maintaining residential program operations and reporting problems. Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concept.
* Inspecting and keeping facility free from unauthorized people, drugs weapons or other contraband materials. Recommends orders and is responsible for supplies and equipment needed for the educational program.
* May provide transportation for clients and their families. Other duties as assigned by supervisor or executive staff.
Required Education and Work Experience
* High School Graduate/G.E.D.
* Six months of documented experience providing services to children
* Any combination of education and experience that can demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to move throughout the community and occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
* Knowledge of developmentally appropriate social, emotional, cognitive, and communication skills for children.
* Skill in the operation of computers and in using applicable computer software.
* Ability to work effectively and patiently with children; to work cooperatively with parents; and to communicate effectively
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.