Medical Laboratory Technician - clinic
Employment Type: Full-Time
August 24, 2021
72006317 Ambulatory Lab South Central Hub
Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
SEIU-4-LAB Service Workers
Performs routine medical laboratory testing and is trained in one or more of the following areas of the laboratory: reception/registration, phlebotomy, specimen collection/processing, and analytical testing departments. May perform manual and automated waived, moderate, and high complexity testing. May serve as a trainer for students and new employees in work areas. Individuals in this role will work in an outpatient clinic setting.
Moderate complexity testing
High Complexity testing
* Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures.
* Performs waived, moderate and highly complex analytical tests.
* Evaluates results for accuracy and resolves test problems.
* Recognizes, communicates, and documents results that require action.
* Follows all federal regulations including CAP, OSHA, COLA, CLIA, and HIPAA.
* Performs and documents required & advanced instrument maintenance, and quality control; takes appropriate remedial action.
* Customer service and patient order management.
* Greets patients, performs check-in process, and responds to patients needs.
* Evaluates patient orders for completeness and follows up as needed.
* Manages patient orders to ensure adherence to regulatory and billing requirements.
* Performs scheduling, ordering, and releasing patient's orders in the electronic medical record.
* Collection and processing of specimens.
* Reviews orders and verifies patient identification.
* Instructs customers on collection, procedures and protocols.
* Identifies and uses appropriate collection method to obtain samples for testing (venipuncture or capillary puncture).
* Collects samples and labels specimens.
* Evaluates acceptability of specimens.
* Performs processing of specimens.
* Administrative duties.
* Participates in departmental or system wide meetings, projects, or committees as required.
* Performs various clerical duties.
* Education, Regulatory, and Safety.
* Participates in the training of employees and students.
* Performs proficiency testing as assigned.
* CLIA Defined Responsibilities:
* § 493.1425 Standard; Testing personnel responsibilities. Moderate complexity.
* § 493.1495 Standard; Testing personnel responsibilities.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Associate's or Vocational degree in medical laboratory science from an accredited institution required and
* CLIA Defined Qualifications: § 493.1423 Standard; Testing personnel qualifications
* CLIA Defined Qualifications: § 493.1489 Standard; Testing personnel qualifications
* Certified Medical Laboratory Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP BOC) required or Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT) by a recognized agency such as ASCP, NCA, or AMT within 180 Days
* See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
* I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
* I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
* I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
* I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
* Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
* I help my team connect to the broader mission
* I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
* I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
* I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
* Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
* I role-model self-care and ongoing development
* I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
* I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
* I candidly advocate for the resources I need
* I support my colleagues in their development and growth
* Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
* I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
* I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
* I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
* I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
* I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
* Succeed Together:Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
* I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
* I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
* I respect others' opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
* I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
* Communication Skills: Able to communicate well in straight-forward situations.
* Functional Knowledge: Knowledgeable about his/her specific job.
* Problem Solving: Arrives at a conclusion based on previous experiences and good judgment.
* Collaboration: Develops partnerships with internal team members.
* Analytical Thinking: Practices investigative techniques to determine the best approach.
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently
Additional Job Description:#06022021