Employment Type: Full-Time
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The HX Designer will be a member of the Human Experience Group and play a role in this work by producing research support for product development, including analysis, prototyping and participating in Human interviews. Additionally, you will be responsible for supplying medium and/or high-fidelity designs, supporting front end development and refining interaction patterns - always firmly grounded by Human-Centered Design principles.
* Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive Human experiences.
* Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up Human experiences for digital products.
* Design and deliver wireframes, experience stories, journey maps, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces including large information dashboards to mobile clients.
* Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
* Make strategic design and Human-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
* Take a Human-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders and optimize for customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
* Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
* Conduct detailed UI/HX design reviews, document issues, and coordinate issue resolution
* Work closely with other HX designers, developers and visual designers to guide the product from inception through delivery
This is a hands-on position, and the successful candidate will have responsibilities supporting multiple product teams, design adopters and contractors.
* A portfolio demonstrating compelling information architecture, Human experience, and progression from research through production
* Demonstrated ability in creating highest quality Human experiences
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impacts on the feasibility of design solutions
* The ability to grasp complex and sometimes diverse customer needs and distill them into clean, understandable solutions.
* This position does not entail writing production-quality code, but proficiency in HTML and CSS3 is a must
* Bachelor's degree in Design or Computer Science from an accredited institution
* Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Human Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, or Information Architect
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
* No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles of Moon TWP or Warrendale, PA will be considered
* Masters in Human-Computer Interaction or related field from an accredited institution
* Minimum 5+ years' experience creating designs for a wide variety of interfaces, from large dashboard displays to mobile devices
* Minimum 2+ years' experience and knowledge of MVC frameworks, web component libraries, HTML, CSS3, JS
* Minimum 5+ years' experience and knowledge of visual design, web design and wireframing tools, Human research methods, digital prototyping tools
* Minimum 3+ years' experience with Agile development processes
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a 'VEVRAA Federal Contractor' We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position
Thank you for reviewing this Allscripts opportunity! Does this look like a great match for your skill set? If so, scroll on down and tell us more about yourself!