English Technical Support agent - Work from home
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition ID: 171080
Job Category: Call Center
Location: Canada-Virtual-Newfoundland & Labrador
Posted Date: 5/25/2021 8:59:04 PM
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing - make lives better, one interaction at a time. We're a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world's biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to offer customer support through phone to customers who have questions, concerns or confusion around a particular product or service.
You're literally the voice of the brand, and a strong relationship between our clients and their customers starts with you. So only the awesome need apply.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Talks to customers over the phone to resolve their questions or concerns
* Maintains and updates customer information as necessary
* Calmly attempts to resolve and de-escalate any issues
* Escalates calls to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
* Responds to requests for assistance and/or possible processing of credit card authorizations
* Tracks call-related information for auditing and reporting purposes
* Provides feedback reports on call issues related to downtime and/or training issues
WHY JOIN ALORICA?
Every day, we aim to live up to our mission of creating insanely great customer experiences. But as Alorica employees, giving back matters just as much - that's why we're so proud of Making Lives Better with Alorica, a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing assistance to employees, their families and the people, organizations and communities who support them.
Simply put, we want to make lives better…one interaction at a time. And to do that, we need the very best people to join us.
But please, allow us to entice you further! As an Alorica employee, you may receive:
* Paid training
* Medical and dental benefits
* Paid time off
* Retirement planning options
* Employee discounts through client programs
Working at Alorica means potentially having the freedom to explore all kinds of career options - from customer service, training, and tech support, to management, recruiting and more. Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities to pursue your professional goals, and we want you to have fun and succeed - because when you're at your best, that's when we're at our best.
So what do you say? Ready to take the next step?
Minimum Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Customer service experience a plus
* Phone-related customer service a major plus
* Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel applications
* Language skills ( English )
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Customer service skills - and an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time
* Ability to use phone and computer systems
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong listening/comprehension skills
* Ability to stay composed and objective
* Conversational, patient and confident, with a positive attitude
Qualifications - External
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS TO WORK FROM HOME
For this opportunity, you will be required to independently have access to the following equipment and skills:
* Computer or Loptop ( Windows 10 ) Mac is not acceptable
* You will need to have or purchase a USB Headset (the sooner you get these, the better.)
* Wired High Speed Internet access
* Internet Connection: DSL, cable, or fiber optic (no dial-up, satellite, or wireless.) You MUST be able to hard wire into the router via an ethernet cord.
* The comfort of your own home!
* Constant usage of phone and computer systems
Constant sedentary work. You'll typically be sitting for most of the time, so be sure to get up and stretch once in a while. Your circulatory system will thank you.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Let's make lives better. Let's defy the status quo. And let's go beyond thinking outside the box - and decide to obliterate the box instead.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled