Employment Type: Full-Time
Alvarez & Marsal Private Equity Performance Improvement
Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) - CFO Services team in various locations throughout the U.S. With more than 5,000 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value. We serve in interim management roles (CFO, Controller, Treasurer) to lead clients through challenging times.
A&M's Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A&M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies.
Our professionals are aligned with a PEPI service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our PEPI services include:
CFO Services (including interim management - CFO, Controller, Treasurer)
The interim Controller will support our Private Equity clientele on a national basis. Prior public accounting experience is HIGHLY PREFERRED.
* Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
* Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
* Manages the accounting records and is responsible for the production of financial reports
* Maintaining adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets
* Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
* Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
* Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
* Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
* Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
* Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
* Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
* Coordinating activities of external auditors
* Strong communication and management skills
* Oversight of all employees involved in the accounting process, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory and compliance.
* Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
* Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
* Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
* Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
* Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
* Effectively transition permanent Controller into the Company
* Strong written, oral and analytical skills
* Structured project management (time, team and work-stream's management)
* Initiative and drive
* Critical thinking skills
* Ability to deliver time-pressured project on-time and on-quality
* Flexible and creative thinking
* Client relationship building
* Ability to identify key operational performance drivers, cash flow forecasting, and flexibility to support clients with a broad array of issues;
* Developing findings and making strategic recommendations
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
* 10+ years of relevant experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* Previous experience in public accounting highly preferred
* Active CPA a plus
* Flexibility to travel up to 80% of the time
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.