Senior Associate, Automotive & Industrial Group
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Associate, Automotive & Industrial Group
Who we are:
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With more than 5,000 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation.
A&M's Automotive and Industrial Group (AIG) provides management consulting services to help companies improve performance and grow stronger. We partner with our clients to identify opportunity, enhance efficiency, and maintain competitive advantage in the areas of corporate strategy, revenue enhancement, information technology, finance, human resources, supply chain management, operations, product development, customer relationships, merger integration and outsourcing advisory. Unlike traditional advisory firms, Alvarez & Marsal is privately held with leadership drawn from the executive ranks of both consultancies and corporations. We provide strategy and hands-on implementation with a bias towards action and results. Working within our clients' operations, we create positive change efficiently and economically, without disruption to business processes and functions.
AIG engagements range from holistic cross-functional transformations, functional performance improvement, interim management and M&A assistance with a clear focus on quickly identifying high impact opportunities for EBITDA expansion, balance sheet improvements, and increasing shareholder/company value.
What we are seeking:
AIG is targeting high growth in the next 2-4 years. The ideal candidate background is one that possesses functional knowledge/exposure in the automotive and/or industrial sectors with a background in overall operations, supply chain, or product development. We seek to assemble a team with creativity, intellectual curiosity and a wide range of passions and backgrounds. The AIG leadership team is focused on providing career development, training, and exposure to different aspects of the client operations.
What Will You Be Doing?
Senior Associates serve as an integral part of our project teams, routinely exposed to clients and firm leadership, helping our clients solve complex problems from day one of their first projects. The ideal candidate is adaptable to new assignments, systems and tools, can handle multiple tasks concurrently, able to meet deadlines under pressure and has a strong sense of humor.
Senior Associates frequently participate in the following types of engagements. Hands-on experience in at least two of the following areas is required:
* Product Development and Product Engineering
* Distribution & Logistics, Network Modeling
* Manufacturing and Contract Manufacturing
* Business Unit and Operational Transformation
* Direct & Indirect Procurement
* SG&A Cost Reduction
* M&A: Divestitures/Carve-Outs and Integration
* Information Technology and Digital Improvements
* Working with team members through a time-sensitive project by structuring a work plan and managing the process through to completion
* Synthesizing meaningful insights from data, opinions, or facts. Superior analytical skills highly preferred
* Developing findings and making strategic recommendations
* Working with clients directly to implement strategic and operational recommendations
Who will you be working with?
We are not a typical consulting firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial professionals who embody the A&M Core Values -inclusive diversity, integrity, quality, objectivity, fun and personal reward while delivering a tailored and scalable approach to working with private equity, hedge fund, and corporate clients. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on performance, not your tenure.
How will you grow and be supported?
As a demonstration of A&M's strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional developments. This includes performance-based career progression and promotion process, high quality practice-wide training programs, rotation opportunities in other practice areas, employee resource groups, and a health and wellness program. Click here to learn about our commitment to your well-being.
A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Click here to learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel
* Strong technical acumen, analytical skills, and comfortable working with complex data
* Ability to partner with team members through time-sensitive projects, structuring a work plan and managing processes to completion
* Synthesize meaningful insights from data, opinions, or facts, and develop findings and make strategic recommendations
* Able to quickly articulate and communicate information, adapt effectively to audience
* Ability to work with clients directly to implement strategic and operational recommendations
* Build and drive the case for change on related work streams and projects
* Independently structure problem solving approaches and adapt quickly to changing direction
* Synthesize complex analysis and identifies implications with attention to detail
* Advanced written communication skills, self-directed with preparation of client ready document and presentation development
* Ability to deliver time-pressured projects on-time and on-quality
* Structured project management (time, team and work-stream management)
* Client relationship focus with ability to understand culture, political environment, stakeholder agendas
* High energy style, flexible and adaptive with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
* 3-5+ years of business experience
* 2+ years of consulting experience or corporate positions with operational, engineering or financial focus
* A Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain or other technical field preferred
* MBA preferred
* Preferred exposure to consulting in a professional services firm environment or corporate positions with a financial and operational focus
* Flexibility for 80% overnight travel
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.