Clinical Hospice Liaison
Employment Type: Full-Time
Territory: Pike County
What You Will Do:
The Clinical Hospice Liaison is a clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to hospice environment. The position has the following general responsibilities: (1) after receipt of a referral for hospice services the Clinical Hospice Liaison will assess the medical needs of the potential hospice patient and ensure that all necessary orders, documentation and collaboration between the referral source, the physician and the care center have been completed prior to the patients acceptance into hospice services (2) discussing the hospice benefit with patient/caregiver and having conversations with them regarding terminal illness, death and dying, palliative care where applicable and comfort care and symptom management (3) developing the referral relationships of the care center within the community, in accordance with Amedisys policies and procedures.
* After a patient has selected Amedisys as his or her health care provider, the Clinical Hospice Liaison visits the patient/caregiver onsite to review the physician order, assess the patient's clinical needs and gather clinical information. The Clinical Hospice Liaison uses a Point of Service computer application to collect referred patient data onsite and transmit it to the care center. The Clinical Hospice Liaison also facilitates patient involvement in his or her own care by providing education and obtaining the necessary information required for successful transition to home.
* The Clinical Hospice Liaison is also responsible for ensuring the patient has a physician and obtains an order from that physician to oversee the home health or hospice plan of care.
* The Clinical Hospice Liaison is also responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with facility-based referral sources, in accordance with Company policies and procedures, by both communicating with existing referral sources and identifying new opportunities.
* Must meet one of the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in with one (1 ) year experience in sales.
* One (1 ) year successful sales experience within the healthcare industry.
* Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of service. LPN, MSW, LCSW, PT, OT, SLP and PA are considered in some cases.
* Experience in Hospice or healthcare business development.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.