Employment Type: Full-Time
What You Will Do
Responsible for working to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in adults. Additionally, provides aural rehabilitation for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing and provides augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems for individuals with severe expressive and/or language comprehension disorders. Speech therapy is provided under a physician approved plan of care.
* Performs comprehensive patient examination/evaluation at the initial visit to establish a plan of care based on the assessment findings and approved by the physician.
* Re-assesses the patient at a minimum of every 30 days; documents patient's progress toward goals; makes necessary revisions to patient's plan of care in conjunction with physician; assesses and documents the patient's continual care needs.
* Provides skilled services and patient management including interventions that are consistent and in accordance with the physician approved plan of care.
* Provides documentation for each visit according to ASHA Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
* Performs coordination of care by participating on interdisciplinary team and observing, recording, and reporting the patient's response to treatment to the team.
* Provides resources for future therapy needs and promotes wellness and prevention.
* Identifies the patient's need for other disciplines/services and initiates the appropriate referral.
* Acts as a consultant to other care providers as appropriate.
* Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately, and according to OASIS user's manual definitions.
* Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart audit activities, quality improvement activities including OBQI and OBQM, and peer review activities.
* Makes recommendations for follow-up care in coordination with the agency that admitted the patient and utilizes other agency care providers to assist with referrals to community resources.
* Supervises the Home Health Aide when SN is not active in the case. Communicates plan of care changes to the Aide and other appropriate staff as necessary.
* Keeps abreast of speech pathology trends and knowledge for the service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Current, unencumbered license to practice speech pathology specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
* Current Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) with completed graduate course work and a clinical practicum at a college or university whose program is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA).
* Current CPR certification.
* One (1 ) year of experience in speech pathology.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.