Communications Technician - Top Secret Clearance
Employment Type: Full-Time
Wanted: A highly motivated professional with a CCNA and ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance to be our next Communications Technician in Springfield, VA.
As a Communications Technician you will:
* Serve as a key resource to provide remote maintenance and technical assistance for telephone voice systems in Department of State (DOS) overseas locations.
* Assist in the installation/repair of PBX systems.
* Join a well-established team that gives you the opportunity to grow
* Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan! (ESOP)
* Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company
A week in the life of Communications Technician:
* Conduct frequent customer and team member contact and ensure project is meeting/exceeding repair/maintenance schedules and contract requirements
* Assist with periodical internal 'audits' or reviews or deficiency remediation efforts
* Work with management within and outside of the assigned directorate to assist in the effort to establish quality control of deliverables and service provided.
* Performs installation of equipment, and system testing and evaluation activities. Inspects and reviews hardware installation, wiring, power, grounding, system database validation, and other activities to ensure quality installation of services.
* Performs de-installation, and relocation activities including, but not limited to, site preparation and installation and/or removal of cabling and wiring systems, terminal equipment, automated data processing services, hardware, and software.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED 'BEST OF THE BEST' by U.S. Veterans Magazine, 'BEST FOR VETS' by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
A minimum of an Associate's Degree (Bachelors preferred) desired and minimum of 5 years' experience in telecommunications projects/contracts as a Telecom or Communications technician/engineer.
Must have experience in PBX/Key System/Cisco VoIP UC systems.
Familiarity with cable infrastructure installation/scheduling/testing is desirable.
Possession of or ability to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance
Possession of Cisco CCNA certifications at a minimum.
Familiarity with VoIP/UC communications and networks highly desirable.
Familiarity with Avaya Voice systems, both VOIP and legacy TDM systems
Top Secret DoD (Active or ability to re-activate if held within the last two years)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Highly motivated, self-starter & team player with a high energy level & willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
* Demonstrated ability to approach job responsibilities with a focus on process improvement.
* Strong computer knowledge including working knowledge of financial analysis tools.
* Able to work & effectively communicate with all levels of management, including executive management.
* Sound technical experience in assessing telecommunications support requirements as well as conducting required administrative tasks required for the projects.
* Strong verbal and writing skills
* Unconditional integrity and commitment to achieving goal