Triage Technician - Top Secret Clearance
Employment Type: Full-Time
WANTED: A mission-driven professional with an IED background and Active Top Secret to become our next Triage Technician at Indian Head, MD.
As a Triage Technician you will:
* Provide team-focused, mission-essential support in a challenging environment to our nation's War Fighters.
* Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
* Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Triage Technician:
* Supervise and performs triage, ensuring proper safety protocols are implemented and followed by all triage personnel, for the safety of all personnel working the lab.
* Reviews and revises Standard Operating Procedures for triage operations.
* Conducts safety reviews and briefs lab personnel as requires to address potential safety issues observed and change in procedure mitigation measures.
* Supervise and conducts use of X-ray devices to confirm explosive safety of recovered IED components as part of triage.
* Supervises and performs forensic photography of device configurations.
* Supervise and conducts use of explosive and hazardous material test equipment.
* Analyze X-ray data for identification of initiators/explosives/power sources/firing circuits/components and booby traps. Supervises and conducts immediate actions per SOP's to neutralize any explosive threat discovered during triage observing all associated safety precautions.
* Confirms level I exploitation and prioritizes evidence in the lab.
* Brief and train replacement personnel on all SOP's
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and TOP TEN MILITARY FRIENDLY company by MilitaryFriendly.com!
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Physical ability and commitment to deploy globally as a CEXC team member.
* Ability to possess/handle firearms in support of CEXC operations.
* Familiarity with Asymmetric Threat and Tactical Analysis Case Book (ATTAC), WTI Exploitation and Analysis Tool (WEAT), WTI Lexicon, SIPRNET and Community of Interest databases and portals.
* Intimate familiarity with lab processes and work flow for level II exploitation efforts.
* Familiarity with Universal profiling and schema.
* Have current knowledge of global IED device and TTP threat.
Education and Experience:
* Graduate of the Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal.
* Six years civilian or military experience equivalent.
* Experience working with a C-IED Task Force, CEXC, WTI, C-IED Team, DTK Lab, JEFF, TEDAC facility, other NGIC, DIA, JIDO, or ATF Lab; interagency or state/local law enforcement lab.
* Prior U.S. Military or civilian experience working in EOD or C-IED, specifically with NSW Naval, Marine Corps, Army, or Air Force Special Operations Forces.
* U.S. citizenship. Certifications and Other Qualifications:
* Eligible for both U.S. Tourist Passport and U.S. Official Passport.
* Current DOD Top Secret/SCI (or SCI eligibility) security clearance posted in Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).