Mechanical Engineering Internship - Summer 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time
• Senior level at time of internship (May 2021) of Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree program from accredited university.
* Deep understanding of physical principals that underpin engineering methods.
* High intellectual curiosity characterized by a passion for learning and a working knowledge across multiple areas of interest.
* Flexible and adaptable to new situations.
* Ability to work both independently and as a team contributor.
* Ability to relocate for expanded career opportunities preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran statusAMETEK believes in developing its leaders from within. As an AMETEK Engineering intern, you'll get the personalized attention and experience needed to start your professional career.
If you are studying Mechanical Engineering and you have the desire and drive to become a leader within a global industrial organization, we invite you to discover more about AMETEK's internship opportunity! You will build your technical expertise while learning product development through practical application and staying up to date with innovative technology.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2016 sales of $4 billion. AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 150 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
Controls Southeast Incorporated (CSI) helps customers solve problems in the chemical, petrochemical, and processing industries. Our business is engineered thermal maintenance systems and specialty fabrication. With each project, we strive to create a great customer experience.
What will you do as a Mechanical Engineering Intern?
As a Mechanical Engineering Intern you will work within out Technical Services and Development Team, working closely with Design, Project Management, and Production as an expert on our technology performing design calculations for CSI's products. The Technical Services will also provides technical support spanning the entire project life-cycle from consulting with Sales at the beginning and bid process to assisting with project start-ups. Our Technical Services Team are the technical expert with influence on product design and CSI's value proposition. Furthermore, given the Technical Service's concentrated expertise and broad exposure, they also spearhead product improvement and product development projects.
* Work alongside Technical Services Engineering as the consult with customers, Sales, and Estimating to define project requirements and analyze feasibility.
* Perform engineering calculations and assemble project specifications against which Project Engineering and Design can execute.
* Perform ASME Code calculations and generate code reports to assure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements
* Provide technical assistance to Field Services to assure smooth start-up and operation.