Employment Type: Full-Time
We Are Hiring
Lourdes, part of Ascension in Binghamton, New York, has an opening for a per diem Certified Dosimetrist to join their team. In this position you will play a crucial role in helping to manage radiation therapy for patients with cancerous or benign conditions. If you are a Certified Dosimetrist with 2 years of experience and can work at least 1 to 2 days per week this position may be a good fit for you. Come join our team!
Schedule: Weekdays: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm with some flexibility.
What You Will Do
Develop and administer radiation therapy treatment plans under the direction of medical physicist and radiation oncologist.
* Design a treatment plan to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and field to a defined tumor volume.
* Assist with or perform the application of specific methods of dosimetry, including intracavitary and interstitial brachytherapy procedures.
* Assist with or perform the fabrication of beam modifying devices and immobilization devices.
* Provide technical support for radiation protection procedures and qualitative machine calibrations of equipment.
* Maintain radiation safety for self, co-workers and patients in accordance with NRC guidelines.
* Assist physicist in the design and implementation of research activities and performs special projects related to dosimetry.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Medical Dosimetrist credentialed from the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Why Join Our Team
For nearly 90 years, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital has been providing rewarding career opportunities in the Binghamton, New York, community. Over 2,500 Mission-driven associates serve in our medical, surgical, and specialty units, an ambulatory care center, a breast care center, a regional cancer center, and numerous specialty practices. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Lourdes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the 'EEO is the Law' poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.