Supply Technician - Receiving
Employment Type: Part-Time
We Are Hiring
Supply Tech - Receiving - PT Days - 24 Hours Weekly - Ascension Borgess Hospital.
Hours: Part time 12-6 Mon-Sun rotating shift
What You Will Do
Receive goods as ordered and delivered and process packing slips into departmental computer systems.
* Verify receipt of items against packing slip. Check in items against purchase orders.
* Enter inventory received into database for tracking.
* Process returned items for shipping and schedules pick up.
* Investigate and troubleshoot any received goods for issues/problems.
* Assist in unloading and sorting in-coming supplies from commercial freight lines; count and verify quantity on each packing list; check items for damage prior to signing for goods and marks exceptions as needed; initial and date and file packing lists.
* Notify the Ministry Service Center of any discrepancies or damaged goods; file damage claims according to procedure.
* Receive and process FEDEX, UPS and express packages in a timely and efficient manner using electronic handhelds, while giving priority to rush items.
* Match in-coming deliveries to PO numbers, receive items using the appropriate electronic systems and devices; generate receiving reports from verified packing lists.
* Deliver freight to all locations as appropriate, and complete necessary delivery confirmation may assist with put-a-way to augment workflow during periods of high census.
* Deliver special purchase items to the requesting area and obtain authorized signature of the recipient for the release of such items.
* Utilize appropriate judgment when assigning priorities to deliveries and job tasks.
* Process the return of goods and out-going freight according to established procedure.
* Maintain Receiving and Dock area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
* Raise awareness of dock security issues, such as: ensure that valuable items (eg portable medical equipment and computer items not picked up by the requesting area at the end of the day) are secured in a locked area. Make note of unauthorized personnel in the dock area or those who may be using the dock area for ingress/egress and report to supervisor for follow-up with the appropriate departmental leader.
* Separate and organize the pallets that need to be returned to primary distribution vendor and triages other pallets to be picked up by local vendor approved for this service.
* Task assigned may include all areas of Supply Chain responsibility, and may change over time.
* Engage customers on a regular basis to ensure good service. This requires the necessary professional presence to effectively interact with clinicians, administrators, colleagues, and vendors.
* The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) at start date required.
* Additional training beyond High School (e.g. CSCP, LEAN, Six Sigma certification, bachelor's degree) preferred.
* Previous experience working with any of the following: shipping, receiving, picking, logistics, distribution, warehousing, inventory management preferred.
* Minimum of one year of experience in disciplines listed above preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Borgess is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the 'EEO is the Law' poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.