Employment Type: Full-Time
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We've assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, hardware design & build, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril's Manufacturing team is seeking a Material Planner to join our team. The Manufacturing Team is responsible for rapidly iterating and building cutting-edge defense hardware, including static equipment, moving ground equipment, and flight vehicles. The Material Planner will have material flow responsibility spanning the entire value chain from raw materials through finished good shipped to customers. They will have full ownership of certain assemblies and product lines, and will be ultimately responsible for timely parts arrival, tracking of parts through finished assembly, and all build traceability/pedigree on multiple product lines simultaneously. The Material Planner will be instrumental in developing parts traceability procedures, signaling and forecasting accurate demand, planning inventory levels, and supplier & incoming quality control processes via Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and other associated tools.
The right person for this role can demonstrate past holistic ownership on solving an operational challenge with a creative solution, in a fast-paced, resource-limited environment. This person will 'wear many hats' and be flexible to provide support wherever needed to ensure products are built and shipped under stringent quality standards. If you are someone who thrives in such an environment, then this role is for you.
What You'll Do
* Be responsible for the accurate planning and on-time delivery of both raw material to internal assembly lines as well as finished goods to customers
* Support day to day demand signaling, ordering, and inventory management for multiple product lines at once, and take ultimate ownership of material flows for them
* Implement parts tracking and traceability processes through Enterprise Resource Planning software and other associated tools
* Setup physical parts sorting and organization systems such that technicians have the right part, at the right time to complete assemblies
* Work closely with the Purchasing team to source components, maintain vendor relationships, and develop make vs. buy strategies
* Own the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, including building a cross functional team of individuals to execute against tight production timelines
* Develop and maintain MRP and Production Planning master data
* 2+ years past experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in either a supply chain or production-type role where complex mechanical and/or electrical assemblies were built
* Demonstrated ability to completely own a value chain from start to finish, coordinating among multiple different internal and external parties to achieve on-time production deliveries under stringent quality standards
* Prior knowledge of Netsuite or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system or job shop system
* Ability to demonstrate a willingness to take on substantial responsibility across supply chain, logistics, engineering, and material planning functions with a bias towards speed and accuracy.
* Strong technical ability to read technical documentation such as drawings and CAD data, understanding of a variety of hardware manufacturing processes for both electronics (PCBAs, sensor hardware, etc.) and structures/mechanisms
* Ability to travel up to 25%
* Experience interacting with SQL databases - storage of information and building custom queries for tracking production and inventory-related metrics
* Bachelor's degree or higher in any technical field including mechanical/aerospace/manufacturing, electrical, or computer engineering, supply chain, or business with a technical minor or concentration.
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma principles in action
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we'd love to hear from you!