Employment Type: Full-Time
ANSER enhances national and homeland security by strengthening public institutions. We provide thought leadership for complex issues through independent analysis and we deliver practical, useful solutions. ANSER values collaboration, integrity, and initiative and we are client focused in all that we do. Because we were established for the purpose of public service and not for profit, we measure our success in the impact of our service.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Office of Prototypes and Experiments (P&E) within the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) is seeking a Financial Manager. OUSD(R&E) P&E's mission is to identify, develop, and demonstrate forward looking concepts encompassing multi-domain technologies to satisfy Multi-Service and Combatant Commands (COCOMs) priorities for the Department of Defense.
The Financial Manger will support P&E in the following ways:
* Financial budgetary and contract support to perform statistical analysis to formulate analytical reports for senior leadership.
* Apply concepts of budget, program principles, policies, procedures, concepts, standards, terminology, and knowledge of the financial management and business operation systems of the organization.
* Review, allocate, or manage acquisition resources while providing expert advice on contract administration.
* Support the program in all the services found in a programming or comptroller shop to include planning, programming, budgeting, executing (PPBE).
* Provide funding, forecasting, programming, budget information, execution status and funds reconciliation, following the PPBE process, using the requested Financial Management tools and systems.
* Monitor and report the status of approved, deferred, and released funds.
* Document, monitor, collect, collate, annotate and promulgate obligation/expenditure rates of committed funds.
* Maintain cognizance of various program funds and provide financial information and obligation/expenditure performance graphs for senior leadership review.
* Contribute to the development of program and budget submissions (i.e. Issue Papers, and Research, Development, Test and Evaluation Documents (R-DOCs) and Research and Development Descriptive Summaries (R-2s) and Program Office Memorandum (POMs) inputs.
* Prepare Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRS), Sub-Allocations and Inter-Agency Agreement funding documents, maintain cordial and respectful email and telephone relations with multiple Government and non-governmental points of contact throughout the DoD, Government and Industry.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Top Secret w/ SCI Clearance
* Knowledge in the area of Accounting or Business Financial Management.
* Knowledge of Governmental financial activity systems, such as, but not limited to: Core Financials (CF), Enterprise Business Accountability System (EBAS), Execution Management System (EMS), G-INVOICE, Defense Agencies Initiative financial management tools, the Cognos Reporting tool and the Comptroller Exhibits for R-2s website.
* Military or OSD financial experience
EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
* Master degree in Accounting, Budget or Financial discipline.
* 10 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management or accounting.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with ANSER, please call 703-416-2000 or e-mail