Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Summary / Role Purpose
The Senior Accountant is responsible for drawing up the statutory year-end accounts of the German ANSYS subsidiaries in a timely manner. He/she also supports our third party service providers in Austria and Switzerland who prepare the statutory year-end accounts of the ANSYS subsidiaries in these countries. Furthermore to provide flexibility to the DACH+ Finance Team. Key Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Maintain the statutory ledgers within Oracle G/L for assigned companies. This includes the US-GAAP-to-STAT transition on a periodical basis and an appropriate accurate documentation;
- Prepare statistical and regulatory reports for the relevant authorities;
- Provide support to tax advisors and public auditors in terms of their work related to the annual financial statements of the appropriate entities (one statutory audit required in Germany);
- Collaborate with the ANSYS tax department in terms of the US-GAAP close at quarter-end in order to ensure proper deferred tax provisions on STAT-to-US-GAAP differences;
- Assisting in terms of tax audits;
- Providing back-up to the other Senior members of the team;
- Cooperate with other team members on improvements / efficiency gains in terms of the US-GAAP close as well as the US-GAAP-to-STAT transition.
- Participating in special corporate and local projects as assigned;
- Required Education and Degree Type: Qualified Accountant
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Required Minimum Years of Experience: 5 years
- Good knowledge of German GAAP (HGB) is required
- Experience in drafting German statutory accounts
Culture and Values
- Must be a hands-on, detail-oriented individual
- Good understanding of local GAAP / US GAAP differences
- Excellent written and verbal English language & communication skills are required
- Mix of public and private company accounting experience
- Prior experience with Oracle EBS system and BlackLine would be beneficial
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
Working at Ansys
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the 'what's next' as much as the 'mission accomplished'. It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.