Cash Research Representative
Compensation: $57,830.00 - $97,850.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Cash Research Representative is responsible to research and resolve all unapplied cash, recoupments, refunds, audits and denials within department guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciles unmatched deposits to electronic remittance advices, credit card, paper explanation of benefits, and/or any tool for cash distribution within company best practices
- Researches unapplied payments and denial of payments using internal sources, written communication, web sites and phone inquiries to determine appropriate accounts for payment application.
- Researches and applies unidentified/undistributed cash to the correct invoice line to ensure accurate account activity within best business practices.
- Processes denial of payments to correct invoice lines to expedite future collection and appeal activity within best business practices.
- Identifies payment discrepancies requiring notification, refund or recoupment to third party payers.
- Researches all refund requests and recoupments from payers to ensure within Contract and/or State Statues.
- Posts adjustments and recoveries to appropriate accounts as necessary based on company policies and procedures.
- Ensures standard protocol for Cash business practices are met.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma is required.
- One year of related experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Problem solving
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal effectiveness/Credibility
- Basic skills in excel, word and PowerPoint
- Basic data entry and calculator skills
- English (reading, writing, and verbal).
- Basic level of mathematical proficiency.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual s position.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.