Technician- Animal Care Avian Services Wednesday-Sunday 0700-1530
Employment Type: Full-Time
Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Position Description: To provide general poultry husbandry for the birds (chickens and turkeys) in the stock at the Winslow site. This position will actively support/lead activities related with the vaccine testing, maintenance of the testing facilities, and the proper care and welfare of the birds at the testing facility.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
* Lead/assist routine procedures that are involved in the testing of the vaccines and provide appropriate care and husbandry of the animals.
* Maintain the animal facilities clean and in regulatory inspection condition at all times. Requires floor, walls, animal enclosures scrubbing, minor paint touch ups and other minor maintenance, and proper cleaning and disinfection procedures. • Provide appropriate care for the animals retained at the facilities, and maintaining/monitoring the proper environmental conditions (temperature, feed, water, etc.).
* Maintain accurate records in accordance with USDA regulations and assists with updating related databases.
* Assists with the drafting and reviews of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Engage in the review/implementation of animal welfare standards for the testing facilities at Winslow.
* Assist the site veterinarian in auditing testing buildings and procedures to verify their accuracy and bring up situations that might affect the wellbeing of the birds.
* Other duties as assigned.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
* High School Diploma/GED
* Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
* Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
* Previous poultry animal care experience helpful.
* Excellent communication skills
* Proficiency with business applications such as: Word, MS Office and Excel
* Flexibility in adapting methods and skills.
* Motivation to work independently, as well as in a cooperative manner, with supervisor.
* Weekend work is required.
* Wednesday-Sunday 0700-1530
* Showering throughout the animal facilities is required
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status