Senior Underwriter, Professional Liability
Employment Type: Full-Time
The MPL Senior Underwriter is responsible for the submission generation, underwriting and policy issuance of Errors and Omission and Cyber Liability accounts. Territory and areas of focus are flexible depending upon the candidate.
* Build strong relationships with MPL brokers with the objective of having Arch become a 'Top 5' MPL market within the brokerage/agency.
* Submission generation of MPL opportunities from target agencies that meet the MPL appetite.
* Superior account underwriting of all MPL new and renewal accounts. Possess strong underwriting knowledge of all coverage lines within MPL.
* Provide acceptable level of underwriting documentation for all assigned accounts. Be able to articulate underwriting positions and most importantly, reasons for such positions internally and externally.
* Communicate effectively to agents both orally and in writing.
* Represent Arch and MPL professionally whether internally or externally at agent offices or industry events.
* Some knowledge of Executive Assurance (D&O/EPL) lines of business is desirable.
* Provide monthly forecasts for new and renewal business and regular reconciliations to such forecasts. Be able to provide detail as to variances from forecast, include new business results, lost business and pricing changes.
* Monitor new business flow, quote ratio and hit ratio from each target agency to monitor variances to plan. Develop strategies to correct variances with each agency.
* Initiate and conduct quarterly meetings with target agents to report on results, collect feedback and gain buy-in for strategies to improve results
* Strong relationships with wholesale and/or retail MPL brokers
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with management at a senior level
* Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
* Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities
* Independent and innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills & strategic thinking
* Strong analytical skills/judgement and mathematical skills
* Effective communication - both oral and written
* Effective negotiation skills
* BA or BS, ideally with a degree/major in Economics, Business, Finance, or Accounting
* 2-5 years of Professional Liability and/or Cyber underwriting experience
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, and Australia, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries.
With nearly 20 years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.