Licensed Practical Nurse
Employment Type: Full-Time
ArchCare, the Continuing Care Community of the Archdiocese of New York, provides top-quality healthcare and other services to thousands of people each day through an ever-expanding array of home- and community-based and residential care programs. We offer:
* Long-term nursing home care and short-term rehabilitation
* Nursing home alternatives that keep seniors healthy, safe and independent
* Healthcare plans that coordinate members' every healthcare need
* Home health services for infants, children and adults
* Family-centered hospice and end-of-life care
* Specialized programs for people with exceptional care needs, including Huntington's Disease, HIV/AIDS and developmental disabilities
As one of the largest and most dynamic Catholic health systems in the nation, ArchCare caters not just to the physical health of those we serve, but to their emotional and spiritual well-being, too. Helping families understand their healthcare options and cope with the challenge of making sure their loved one is well cared for is just as important to us.
Join the ArchCare Team
Our team of dedicated Care Members are shaping the health care landscape of today and tomorrow.
The License Practical Nurse (LPN), under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) , provides direct resident care as delegated , and assist the RN in the delivery of resident care utilizing the nursing process as appropriate to the geriatric resident. Participants in resident care services as directed by supervisor in accordance with in-service training.
* Provides safe resident care, demonstrating knowledge and competency in completing assigned treatments and procedures according to established standards and policies. Maintains awareness of new updated standards and incorporates them into his/her nursing practice throughout the continuum of care.
* Participates in the improvement process of quality resident care.
* Incorporates age-specific needs, provision of care, procedures and treatments.
* Accurately completes routine tasks without the need for supervision. Is responsible for proper application of appropriate protective devices as instructed by RN or LPN i.e., heel booties, elbow protectors, mitts restraints; releases according to facility policy.
* Judgment/thinking reflects professional standards of care and practice and code of ethics in providing effective and safe resident outcomes.
* Delegates tasks and assignments to appropriate staff within their scope of practice.
1 year prior Long Term Care and/or Acute Care experience preferred.
NYS LPN License is required.