Trader, Co-Products - Decatur, IL
Employment Type: Full-Time
Trader, Co-Products - Decatur, IL
ADM Carbohydrate Solutions
This is a Full Time Exempt Position
Reporting to the Trade Manager Co-Products, this position is part of the merchandising team for Carb Co-Products. The position will be accountable for the merchandising of our Gluten Feed products for our river and export program. This person will work in a team environment within the carb co-products group while also interacting with other divisions on a daily basis. They will be responsible for developing an overall sales strategy for Gluten Feed with our Corn Plant Merchandisers, Transload locations and global trade group. This will focus on the aggressive development of new markets, managing both rail and barge logistics, managing credit, and working closely with other divisions to maximize revenue for carb co-products. The position will also require working in a hectic environment while multi-tasking along with the ability and desire to learn and grow their responsibilities within the group.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK PERFORMED:
* Strategically seeks out new business that would profitably enhance company assets
* Builds & maintains relationships with a wide range of customers, including premium and volume accounts
* Understands customer requirements in order to collaborate and add value to both companies
* Maintains a clear customer account list and provides detailed background information in files
* Handles all accounting related issues in a timely manner to ensure good customer service
* Ensures the most cost efficient transportation and logistics
* Develops a good working knowledge of freight spreads and competitor activities
* Develops a clear understanding of local, national, & world markets & trends
* Aggressively makes outbound phone calls to deliver and receive timely market information
* Price discovery and bid/offer maintenance to enhance risk management and pricing
* Understanding of margin calculations & their effect on commodity pricing
* Understands the value of ADM owned transportation (i.e. barges, trucks and railcars) & how to enhance value
* Understands and has strict adherence to corporate compliance policies & safety systems & programs
* Ensures that individual goals are aligned with company goals
* Constantly works on individual personal development within the company
* Develops good understanding of local plant operations
* Works to attain positive, cooperative relationships with internal colleagues across divisions & responsibilities
* Effectively use communication channels for proper coordination within the office & other locations
* Portrays a positive image of the company and self when interacting with customers & colleagues
* Prepares and submits daily & ad hoc reports
* Helps in the development & training of new employees
* Is willing to work outside normal business hours including weekends
University degree in agriculture or business (i.e. economics, finance, accounting). Minimum of 4 years experience in the marketing of commodities and related food, feed and/or fuel products in North America. Demonstrated capacity to excel within high risk, fast-paced work environment. Strong sales skills and an aggressive personality are assets in this position. Proven ability of assess risk and exercise sound judgment in making decisions. Demonstrated negotiation and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the domestic trade. Proven ability to manage effectively within a team based work environment. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with end-users, suppliers, and internal customers. Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of spreadsheet, database, word processing software, and applications within a windows based environment. Individual must be committed to corporate ethics policies and safety programs
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.