Employment Type: Full-Time
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7 billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know….
* Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
* Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
* We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the country?
* Ardagh Metal - Beverage North America produces approximately 15.4 billion cans and 15.3 billion ends each year?
* Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today?
* Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Electrical Technician is responsible for modifying rebuilding repairing or overhauling all types of electronic electrical equipment and controls. Installation and maintenance of mechanical equipment including heating and air conditioning equipment. Modify maintain and install PLC programs. Analyze and correct electrical electronic problems.
* Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions especially for Electrical Safety LockoutTagout Machine Guarding Housekeeping SQF and Personal Protective Equipment.
* Modify maintain and install PLC programs.
* Develop new programs as directed. Identify PLC problems troubleshoot and maintain updated documentation and wiring changes.
* Assist and or participate in the installation and or change of the layout of machines and mechanical equipment in a plant layout and assemble as necessary conforming to building codes and similar specifications Use measuring devices in constructing machine foundations and installing machines and equipment in correct position.
* Receive wiring diagrams drawings specifications and instructions covering scheduled and emergency repair installation and inspection work to be done.
* Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and principles wiring specifications codes properties of various materials and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
* Analyze types of circuits wiring diagrams networks and drawings as required to install repair adjust calibrate construct modify replace or service types of electronic devices and systems including communication systems electronic gauges controls and regulator power and distribution control equipment measuring recording processing and indicating devices.
* Perform industrial truck repair and maintenance work on industrial and small motorized equipment with gas diesel propane and electrical motors.
* Install repair and maintain refrigeration and air condition systems and equipment Service electronic equipment by checking testing and replacing faulty components circuit modules printed circuit boards and similar electronic devices.
* Maintain install or repair communication cables power distribution cables and wiring splicing as required.
* Perform any and all types of plant wide electrical maintenance including installation of electrical conduit.
* Determine need analyze and make necessary running adjustments repairs overhauls and replacement of parts to electrical equipment. Maintain performance inventory and maintenance records for electrical and electronic equipment.
* Advise operators mechanics and other electrical maintenance personnel of standard operating procedures and requirements for electronic and electrical equipment and controls.
* Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken. Operate equipment and assist production as directed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS EXPERIENCE
* Mechanically inclined familiar with hand tools
* Must have heavy industrialmanufacturing experience in a high speed operation working with hydraulicpneumatic driven equipment.
* Must be able to independently program troubleshoot repair PLC s and VFD s and create new programs.
* Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with specific PLC systems including but not limited to Siemens AllenBradley Rockwell etc.
* Must have 3+ years manufacturing industry electrical and electronics experience as well as an Associates Degree in either Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology.
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES
* Able to stand for a long duration of time Able to bend over and rotate body repeatedly
* Able to lift up to 100 pounds Exposure to heat cold vibrations odorsfumes and loud noise
* Must be able to climb stairs and ladders Able to operate tools with fine handwrist movements.
* Must be able to work a 4 /4 or 5/2 schedule and willing to work nights weekends holidays and overtime.
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.
Nearest Major Market: Columbia
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina