Certified Maintenance Mechanic-Facility Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
The following description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude occasional work assignments not mentioned. Certified Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the building, grounds, and physical plant to ensure a clean, safe, and efficient environment to serve the needs of the patients, visitors and employees under the direct supervision of Facilities Management. As such the Certified Maintenance Mechanic performs maintenance tasks deemed necessary for operation of Arnot Health and consistent with the employees' experience and competency. This includes, but is not limited to, moves, deliveries, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, painting, and sheetmetal work. Certified Maintenance Mechanic performs complicated facility maintenance repairs and supports other classifications as needed and/or directed.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works across trades as required to complete assigned tasks and to meet Arnot Health and departmental goals. Perform at highest level attainable according to training and experience.
2. Performs day to day routine repair on all Arnot Health equipment including, but not limited to, bed, laundry equipment, furniture, carts, chairs, air handlers, fans, pumps, lights, walls, ceilings, sinks, urinals, toilets, etc.
3. Is responsible for advising management and staff of the status of jobs if work becomes interrupted, delayed, or otherwise problematic and informs the manager when work is completed.
4. Is responsible for maintaining equipment, including vehicles, hand tools, power tools, ladders, and instrumentation, in good condition.
5. Is responsible for proper housekeeping and leaving work areas in clean and safe conditions. Tools and equipment must be secure in the proper area before each break and at the end of each work shift.
6. Must be capable of soldering and brazing and use of all tools necessary for performance of assigned job.
7. Assists with the design and construction of projects as identified by the System Director of Facilities Engineering or designee to meet the needs of patients, visitors, or employees. Works from drawings, sketches, schematics and/or verbal instructions to install, replace, or repair equipment. Identifies, orders, and inventories material as necessary to complete each project.
8. Installs and repairs Arnot Health systems such as electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and general structure components, e.g. walls roofs, ceilings, and floor.
9. May be required to instruct or guide other classifications of employees assigned to assist in performance of job.
10. Performs preventative maintenance.
11. Operates, adjusts, repairs and records, as necessary, the performance and operation of all machinery and auxiliary equipment in the power plant and mechanical equipment rooms throughout the Arnot Health, if assigned or designated.
12. Demonstrates sufficient expertise to be responsible to evaluate all conditions in the event of an emergency nature and notifies supervisor when necessary.
13. Prepares areas and apply painting, vinyl wall coverings, and other wall coverings as necessary. Repairs floors drop ceilings, windows, and doors as required.
14. Performs all necessary facility grounds functions, including snow removal as required by the Departmental Director or designee.
15. Adheres to all policies and procedures relevant to the job, the department, and external regulating bodies, or obtain approval for exception.
16. Maintains high standards of appearance; keeps neat and clean; adheres to uniform policy or dress codes established by the Arnot Health or department. Manages personal habits.
17 Prepares areas and apply painting, vinyl wall coverings, and other wall coverings as necessary. Repairs floors drop ceilings, windows, and doors as required.
18. Performs all necessary facility grounds functions, including snow removal as required by the Departmental Director or designee.
19. Is responsible for attending all annual mandatory educational programs as required by position.
20. Understands and demonstrates the importance of satisfying the needs of the customer/patient by interacting with him/her in a friendly and caring way, being attentive to the customer's needs, both psychologically and physically, and by taking the initiative to maintain communication with the customer in order to provide a secure and pleasant experience with Arnot Health.
21. It is understood that this job description lists typical duties for the classification and is not considered inclusive of all duties which may be assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent is mandatory. Completion of BOCES training or union apprenticeship program in an applicable trade preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years previous maintenance experience required with hospital/healthcare maintenance preferred. Ability to read and understand blue prints, architectural, electrical, mechanical drawings, and factory specifications. Ability to maintain main plant equipment such as boilers, pumps, fans, chillers, cooling towers, etc.
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) REQUIREMENTS:
No CPR required.
Must frequently lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Must regularly move freely throughout the Arnot Health and other buildings. Vision correctable to 20/40 is necessary, including color and depth perception, reading, close-up work and a peripheral field of vision. Overall dexterity is necessary, including handling, grasping, feeling, stooping, bending, and climbing. Required to work inside and outside during all seasons and time periods as needed.
Category III. Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. And Category I tasks are not a condition of employment.
A.D.A Essential Functions