Rehab Technician - Auburn Hills Physical Therapy
Employment Type: Full-Time
We Are Hiring
Auburn Hills Physical Therapy
Full-Time Day / 40 hours weekly
7 AM-3:30PM, Monday-Friday
Ascension Providence Rochester
What You Will Do
The Rehabilitation Technician is responsible for supporting the Mission and Vision of Ascension by, under close supervision, assisting the therapist in certain assigned treatment procedures and giving feedback to the therapist regarding the patient's response to treatment. Other duties may include preparation of the treatment area and clean up, transporting patients to and from the department, monitoring and putting away supplies and completing assigned infection control procedures, as well as various other duties as assigned. May perform these duties in Physical Therapy, Occupational therapy, Speech Pathology, Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, or at the Sports Rehabilitation Center.
* Perform treatment procedures predetermined by the therapist and in accordance with the training of the technician. Should be knowledgeable about and proficient in the use of: hot packs, ice packs, iontophoresis, biofeedback, fluidotherapy, ultrasound, phonophoresis, diathermy, electrical stimulation, paraffin, jobst recirculator, pelvic and cervical traction, hydrotherapy, gait training, setting up of exercise and treatment equipment, proper transfer of patients, transportation of patients, and isolation procedures. This list is not all inclusive.
* Provide feedback to the therapist regarding patient's response to the treatment and reports any unusual occurrences to the supervising therapist.
* Prepare the treatment area and cleans up the area following treatment and the end of the day.
* Transport patients to and from the Rehabilitation Services Department.
* Monitor supplies, notifies clerk of supplies that need to be ordered, and puts them away.
* Complete all assigned infection control procedures according to the posted schedule.
* Attend and participate in departmental meetings, inservices and committees.
* Distribute referrals and progress notes to the inpatient and outpatient charts and/or Medical Records.
* Promote a positive work environment as evidenced by quality service and positive staff attitudes.
* Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Ascension through performing behaviors consistent with the Ascension Standards of Performance and Code of Ethics.
* This position shall have access to and disclose personal health information only when reasonably necessary to perform the designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of personal health information for any purpose other than as reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is prohibited.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
* This position requires the ability to identify age related differences within the persons served and the adjustment of treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including adjustments based on the person's served cognitive function and learning ability. This will include taking into account their religious and cultural needs and preferences.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Must possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification at time of hire/transfer date required.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Requires two (2) weeks of intensive on-the-job training and three (3) months of supervised work to gain proficiency in assigned tasks.
* Successful completion of the department-orientation, specifically related to the duties and responsibilities, provided by the department of hire.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Providence Rochester is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the 'EEO is the Law' poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.