Certified Medical Assistant - CMA Pediatric Mental Health
We Are Hiring
Certified Medical Assistant - CMA- Pediatric Mental Health - Texas Child Study Center - Full-Time, Day - Dell Children's Medical Center - Austin, TX
Hours:8am-5pm; Monday - Friday
Location:Dell Children's Medical Center/ Virtual Hybrid
Outpatient Pediatric Mental Health
Team makeup:3 Primary Outpatients Attendings, Medical Director, Consult Liaison inpatient, Mental Health Unit, 6 Fellow, 7 Residents, in this role, you will work primary with the 3 Outpatient Attendings
Why Join Ascension?
Dell Children’s Medical Center and The University of Texas at Austin Educational Psychology Department joined forces to create the Texas Child Study Center, a place where children and adolescents with emotional, developmental, and behavioral challenges can seek care. Texas Child Study Center is committed to providing the highest quality of emotional and cognitive treatment for the youth and families of Central Texas.
Texas Child Study Centerprovides evidence-based treatment for children and adolescents with emotional, behavioral, and developmental disabilities. We aim to develop disease-specific evaluative and interventional programs to address autism spectrum disorders, depression, and other mental health issues. We also strive to serve the needs of acute and chronic medically ill youth and their families. Through research programs, the Texas Child Study Center seeks to advance the science of the etiology and treatment of emotional, behavioral, and developmental disorders in youth.
What You Will Do
As an CMA with Seton Family of Hospitals-TX, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider). In this role, you will work with the Texas Child Study Center at Dell Children's Hospital. This role does have the potential to be a hybrid opportunity combined with virtual and in office care in an outpatient setting. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: coding, billing working in a virtual environment, working with medication management, prior authorizations, covering my meds site. You will be responsible for answering clinical questions such as, but not limited to: how to handle medication side effects, prescription changes, and other duties as assigned by attendings. Currently less hands on virtual now, later we would call patients in and conduct scheduled onsite visits. We are looking for a CMA with prior pediatric mental health experience. This role and team is extremely collaborative and multidisciplinary. We have a robust academic presence, determination, and excitement. We are a helpful team, respectful and lighthearted. We have a very collegial environment and meaningful purpose for what we do in our community. COVID has caused a lot of mental distress and what we do is huge. This role and team offers a sense of value and meaningful spirit.
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Association for Health Professionals obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years plus of MA experience in Pediatric Mental Health strongly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Excellent communicator
- Adaptable to change
- Thrives in fast pace
- Empathetic Compassionate and has the ability to make a patient feel as only one in the universe.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.