Principal Technologist, Process Chemistry and Member of Technical Staff
Employment Type: Full-Time
ASM is growing and therefore, we are looking for two (Senior) Principal Technologist, Process Chemistry and Member of Technical Staff who will join our facilities in Phoenix, USA and Seoul, Korea/ Tama, Japan.
* Provides expertise in chemistry, materials, and equipment for deposition of thin films.
* Delivers innovative solutions, creates inventions, and works with R&D teams globally, contributes technically to diverse projects.
* Works within the Chemical Development Group (CDG) at ASM to bring continuous improvement to the chemical supply chain to the benefit of the Key Product Units (KPU).
* Drives relationships with chemical suppliers to deliver new chemistries to ASM for testing, aligned with company needs.
* Helps identify new opportunities with chemical suppliers, accelerates chemistry sourcing into ASM, works to resolve issues with pricing, availability, timelines, and specifications of sourced chemicals
* Provides tactical and strategic insights into suppliers' product development roadmaps and shares input with key stakeholders in KPU and CDG
* Provides additional chemistry competency to the KPU and CDG
Education & Experience
* B.S. degree in chemistry or chemical engineering; M.S. or Ph.D. preferred
* 10+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry
* 5+ years of experience in the marketing or business management of chemistry to the semiconductor industry
* The following experience and/or knowledge is required:
* Good working knowledge of ALD and CVD precursor chemistry
* Understands fundamentals of thin film deposition and characterization techniques
* Experience with chemical characterization methods such as NMR, FTIR, GC-MS, OES/AES, TGA, DSC, and crystallographic methods
* Understanding of current and emerging application areas in the fields of logic and memory
* Demonstrated know-how of the major aspects of chemical process scale-up and commercialization for the semiconductor industry
* Ability to work under time pressure to meet aggressive targets without compromising quality
* Ability to work with multiple international groups both internal and external
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate advanced technical constructs in a direct and concise manner
* Independent, autonomous in terms of behavior in a stable environment
* Shares knowledge and success with other team members.
* Takes initiative, makes suggestions, or puts forward ideas for improving own work.
* Driving delivery of tasks to a specific schedule
* Having a flexible attitude and enjoying solving problems and driving results
* Persistent, will make things work despite initial set backs