Academic Program Manager - Literacy - Los Angeles
Employment Type: Full-Time
Aspire Public Schools operates a network of high-performing, college preparatory charter schools serving TK-12 scholars in communities across California. Founded in 1998-in an effort to transform the inequitable racial, social, and gender outcomes that our communities persist through-Aspire is one of the largest and most forward-thinking open-enrollment public charter school systems in the nation.
Our purpose is to prepare our scholars for success in college, career, and life. At Aspire, we set a foundation for our scholars to gain knowledge, skills, and power to access and make choices for their families and post-secondary lives. Every day, our community of students, families, teachers and staff comes together to learn, work, and play in an environment grounded in our values of Bienestar (Well-Being), Culture of Belonging, Community Partnership, Agency & Self-Determination, and Joy.
In service of supporting all schools in the region to achieve their academic targets, the Academic Program Manager plays a key role in the development and delivery of PD and coaching for teachers. Reporting to the Associate Superintendent and in close collaboration with the Aspire Education Team, this impactful role also supports the development of high quality org-wide pedagogy and instructional practices as aligned to the ASLF.
What You Will Do:
* Spends approximately 70% of time supporting the region through delivery of PDs and on-the-ground coaching and support to teachers.
* Coaching work supports org-wide coherence through reference to ASLF and use of approved instructional tools (Instructional guidelines, pacing guides, etc.).
* In alignment with Aspire's equity beliefs, works with the Associate Superintendent to provide additional resources and or support to Tier 2 and 3 schools.
* Analyzes site-level data in multiple content areas to identify region-wide goals and trends. In collaboration with the Associate Superintendent, co-creates region-wide action plans to address gaps, creating opportunities to implement pedagogy and curriculum that reflect data-supported best practices from inside and outside of the organization, in support of an Aspire wide coherent model.
* Builds capacity by training strong teachers to provide impactful coaching.
* 30% of time is dedicated to org-wide R&D on pedagogy, curriculum development, and aligned ASPIRE programming.
* Pedagogy and curriculum reflect data-supported best practices from both inside and outside of the organization.
* Identifies opportunities to reduce curricular offerings across the org to improve efficiency, achieve cost savings, and reduce reliance on content that is not standards aligned
* Is a collaborative member of the Aspire Ed Team and works on org-wide initiatives and priorities.
* Performs additional related duties as required or assigned.
What You Will Bring:
* Expertise in applicable grade-level Common Core State Standards and/or Next Generation Science Standards
* Instructional leadership and teaching experience: proven results in student learning as both an instructional leader and a teacher
* Knowledge of teacher and leader development frameworks and ability to co-develop aligned content and systems
* Command of the instruction-assessment cycle, and ability to apply this knowledge to develop a cohesive CIA program
* Ability to design and launch data-driven systems for standards, curriculum, instruction, and assessments
* Ability to coach others and improve their practice
* Exceptional ability to bridge and enhance cooperative working relationships
* Ability to manage projects including development, implementation and evaluation
* Ability to communicate proactively, effectively and provide and act on feedback
* Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills using an inquiry framework
* Proven leadership skills with the ability to contribute to a team
* Understands and applies an equity centered lens in problem solving
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree required, with relevant degree and/or content expertise; Master's degree preferred
* 5+ years as a teacher or school administrator, with demonstrated results in the designated content area
Aspire offers its employees competitive salary and benefits package, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage on select plans, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.