Direct Support Professional - Day Shift/ Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Direct Support Professional provides quality living support (physical, social, behavioral, career, and personal) to persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) living and working in the community. The DSP ensures that human, civil, and legal rights of all people are protected by advocating, teaching, promoting dignity, and reasonable risk and following mandatory reporting guidelines for the people supported.
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is currently seeking a Direct Support Professional within Gallagher Services.
Monday - Friday 7 am to 3 pm
* Provides hands-on assistance in the home including; individualized supports in transferring, bathing and grooming, and following specific dining protocols and treatments.
* Assists with and teaches skills in laundry, meal preparation, and other household chores.
* Assists doctors' appointments, emergency room, and hospital visits, and contacts on-call nursing appropriately.
* Administers medications according to policies and procedures of Medication technician Training Program/Certified Medication Technician (MTTP/CMT) curriculum, and applicant regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or GED
* Driving (Agency and/or personal vehicle) is required for this position.
* Must be at least 21 years of age, with a minimum of 2 years of driving experience, and a valid driver's license issued by the state of residence. There can be no state issued restrictions on the licenses that would impede driver's ability to operate the vehicle as required by the Agency, and there must not be more than three (3) points on their driving record.
* Ability to drive multiple Agency vehicles following traffic rules and safety precautions. This includes, but is not limited to, safe driving, and the ability to secure people who use wheelchairs
* Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds, stand for periods of time, bend, push wheelchairs, provide physical intervention as necessary, and be able to life and/or transfer people.
Catholic Charities' policy requires employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, which includes a process for requesting exemption.
Catholic Charities offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of a trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer