Employment Type: Full-Time
Quant Developers build the analytics, tools, and systems enabling Assured Investment Management's investment process. Idea generation/screening, execution, modeling, risk management, settlement and operations are all problems we solve daily. Building scalable, creative solutions to problems involving our investment process is our mandate. Technology is a distinct commercial advantage - enabling a host of opportunities that differentiate us from our competitors. Our skills run a broad spectrum from quantitative modeling, financial engineering, distributed systems, user interfaces, to core systems programmers and everything in between. We have a broad and complex infrastructure that needs to be reactive to changing business needs to ensure future success. We work closely with portfolio managers, traders, risk management, operations, finance, and compliance teams to ensure that quant and technology needs are met across the firm.
What We Look For
* Strong investigative and problem-solving skills and ability to identify root causes.
* Crafting creative and practical solutions to problems and expressing those solutions in code.
* The ability to collaborate across the entire firm utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Pro-active and flexible approach to managing both tactical and strategic needs of the business.
* 4 to 7 years of relevant experience
* BS or MS in a technical discipline with strong academic credentials
* Practical computer science and systems development experience
* Experience with C# and SQL required
* Basic market finance knowledge (e.g. what is a bond?)
* Ability to absorb and master new information quickly and spot issues and pose the correct questions
* Maintain highest professional and ethical standards: AssuredIM has earned a reputation for honesty, professionalism, fair dealing and transparency in a highly competitive industry. We believe that this is a key element of our pursuit of investment performance and our commitment to deliver on our promise and responsibility to our clients. Must commit to these values and uphold them at all times.