Registered Nurse, SCTU Transport
Employment Type: Full-Time
Atlantic Ambulance is currently seeking a FT RN to work 7a-7p in the SCTU Critical Care Transport unit.
The SCTU Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, coordinating and delivering care during critical care transport of patients between facilities.
* Must be able to operate independently and deliver advanced life support interventions appropriately and as necessary.
* Works effectively with all team members involved in patient care to facilitate an efficient and safe patient transfer.
* Works collaboratively with all members of the critical care transport team, delegates appropriately and provides feedback to team members.
* Anticipates, manages, and resolves problems associated with changing situations in a highly autonomous care environment.
* Able to work under pressure and through stressful periods within a transport environment.
* Document accurately and completely all patient assessments and patient care utilizing the appropriate electronic charting program; complete documentation in accordance with AMH policy and OEMS regulations.
* Participate in regular staff meetings and clinical education within the department.
* Proficiency demonstrations at annual competencies in job specific skills such as, but not limited to: ventilator management both invasive and noninvasive, endotracheal intubation, management of an intra-aortic balloon pump, management of invasive hemodynamic monitoring devices, isolettes, ACLS and PALS management.
* Promote a culture of collaboration and accountability in order to assure positive patient experiences and improve patient outcomes throughout the community and region.
* Work effectively and relate well with others, including supervisors, colleagues, direct reports and internal and external customers. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and maintain constructive working relationships.
Education, Experience and Special Requirements
* NJ Registered Nurse Licensure required; BSN preferred.
* NJ (or equivalent) Driver's License required
* NJ EMT (or equivalent) certification preferred; required within 1 year of hire
* MICP certification or MICN endorsement preferred; required within 1 year of hire
* CTRN or CFRN certification preferred; required with 1 year of hire
* CPR/BLS required
* ACLS required
* PALS required
* Neo-natal Resuscitation Program (NRP) preferred; required within 6 months of hire.
* Pennsylvania RN license must be obtained within 6 months of hire and maintained thereafter.
* 1 year of full-time (or equivalent) critical-care or emergency nursing experience required; 3+ years' experience strongly preferred.
* Previous ground or flight transport nursing experience preferred.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.