Sous Chef - Walnut Woods
Employment Type: Full-Time
What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
* Provide a high level of customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
* Work closely with the Executive Chef and/or Executive Director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
* In the absence of the Executive Chef, oversee the staff and daily operation of the kitchen ensuring high standards for food preparation and service.
* Assign tasks, coach, train and develop kitchen staff as requested by the Executive Chef.
* Creat a strong sense of team work and cooperation among all staff.
* Ensure that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to Company standards.
* Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
* Responsible for the overall food quality and presentation of meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
* Assist the Executive Chef with management of the budget for items such as linen, table setting supplies, uniforms, payroll, and special events.
* Assist Executive Chef in menu planning and development based on resident likes and dislikes.
* Adhere to and train staff on standard food safety practices.
* Assist with planning, preparation, and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
* When applicable acquaint new residents with menus, seating, and dining options and hours.
* Attend and/or Conduct Pre-Meal stand up for all dining and kitchen staff.
* Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer temperatures.
* Prepare and ensure snacks and beverages are available to residents at all times.
* Assist with keeping kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied.
* Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
* Operate and Maintain kitchen equipment in a clean and sanitary manner.
* Assist Executive Chef with in-services.
* May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
* High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Communicate effectively in English with employees and residents, as well as read and write English.
* Basic mathematical skills to accurately calculate food purchasing and adhere to set budgets.
* Strong attention to detail and quality.
* Culinary Training preferred.
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a lead cook or chef in a hospitality or healthcare environment.
* Serve Safe Certification.
* Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules, and logs.
* Knowledge of food handling, preparation, cooking and service.
* Able to build positive and strong relationships with employees, coworkers and residents.
* Focused and dedicated to provide excellent customer service.
* Able to work in a demanding environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
* Accept direction from superiors or other experienced staff.
* Share job knowledge or resident information with others as needed.
* Give and welcome feedback.
* Must demonstrate high standards of ethics and personal accountability.
* Must have or be willing to get a COVID-19 vaccine, subject to legal requirements.#06022021