Employment Type: Full-Time
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ('Icahn Enterprises'; NASDAQ: IEP).
Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. Direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to performance, drivability and emissions diagnostic, state safety and emissions testing, brakes, steering and suspension, electrical, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and major engine.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for all aspects of diagnosis and repairing a customer's vehicle as well as caring for the vehicle while it is being repaired and properly securing it after repair is complete.
* Strictly adhere to a 'do it right the first time' policy. Will not exceed two or more comebacks within a four-week period of time.
* Maintain a 90% minimum productivity performance level.
* Ensure all training completions are maintained at 100%
* Become a recourse for technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories.
* Focus on customer needs.
* Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of service equipment and maintain certification status.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Minimum of 6 months' experience as a certified technician or mechanic and eight ASE's (A1 Engine Repair, A2 Automatic Transmission, A3 Manual Drive Transmission, A4 Steering and Suspension, A5 Brakes, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC, A8 Engine Performance) are required.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports, operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports, plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical procedures.
* Ability to collect data or facts and draw valid and accurate conclusions.
* Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commission, discounts and interest.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong verbal skills.
* Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
* Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
* Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
* May drive a vehicle if needed.
* Lifting of heavy equipment >50 pounds is required.
* May work outside and be exposed to weather.
* Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled