Non-Certified Service Technician
The Non-Certified Technician inspects and services vehicles when they are delivered to the dealer and makes minor repairs or adjustments to place the vehicles in saleable condition.
Who would I interact with?
This position interacts daily with Service Associates, Sales Associates, Service Managers, Sales Managers, support staff and customers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Sign an acceptance for each vehicle delivered
- Inspect vehicles for compliance with safety regulations and noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation
- Inspect surfaces to detect minor chips and scratches in paint
- Start engine and drive the vehicle to test steering, brakes, transmission and engine operation
- Activate power equipment such as electric windows, seats, radio, horn, lights and directional signals to ensure specific operating standards
- Replace defective items according to specifications using hand tools
- Install optional equipment specified by the customer or Dealer such as outside mirrors, rugs or seat covers using hand tools
- Install or repair major mechanical, hydraulic, or electromechanical equipment such as radios, air conditioners, power steering units, and power brakes using hand tools
- Perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments
- Tune engines using appropriate test equipment and tools as needed
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6-12 months of previous work experience
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- General mechanical skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Manual dexterity, good judgment and ability to operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely
- Ability to operate an automobile