Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN
At Avamere, our mission is to enhance the life of every person we serve.
This includes our patients, residents, patient and resident family members, and our fellow co-workers.
Annual Wage Increases
Certified Nursing Assistant/CNA
Full-time Night Shift
Part-time Night Shift (2 on 4 off)
Avamere Bellingham Healthcare & Rehab Services
1200 Birchwood Ave.
Bellingham, WA 98225
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Responsibilities/Qualifications/Skillset
- Complete required record keeping in regards to your role in admitting, transferring and discharging residents.
- Coordinate with nursing staff and support personnel daily to plan the shifts' services, programs and activities to ensure the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
- Prepare and administer medications and review medication cards for completeness and accuracy.
- Review resident care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs.
- Plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Provide leadership to nursing personnel and make daily rounds of your unit to ensure staff is providing direct care in accordance with resident's care plan and wishes.
- Develop and maintain rapport with nursing staff, other department personnel, residents, family members, and all other individuals involved in resident's care.
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an LPN in this state.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident and resident's response to care.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Amidst scenic Bellingham, Washington you will find Avamere Bellingham Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services. This 84-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation community fosters a strong employee culture committed to serving each other and their valued patients and residents.
Small acts of kindness make a big difference at Avamere . Compassionate employees take the time to ask patients and residents how they can make their day better. Sometimes that is giving a word of encouragement, helping them stay connected with family through technology, or simply being a listening ear.
All employees and leaders at Avamere Bellingham Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services join under one mission: to enhance the life of every person they serve. This is evident at Avamere as managers assist employees whenever possible and healthcare staff unite to serve patients and residents.
Get to know more about this community on their blog
and on Facebook.