Technical Subject Matter Expert - DODP2
Employment Type: Full-Time
Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings company, is a mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in McLean, VA. Since E3 Federal Solutions and The Sentinel Company combined forces in 2018 and rebranded in 2020, Avantus works as a unified company to draw upon its heritage companies' histories of consistent growth and high performance in the federal services market.
Avantus's services and solutions are designed, tailored, and executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers solve complex problems.
Avantus Federal is looking to fill a DARPA Technical SME position to support the Biological Technology Office (BTO). DARPA's Biological Technologies Office develops capabilities that embrace the unique properties of biology-adaptation, replication, complexity-and applies those features to revolutionize how the United States defends the homeland and prepares and protects its Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines. BTO is helping the Department of Defense expand technology-driven capabilities to detect novel threats and protect U.S. force readiness, deploy physiological interventions to maintain operational advantage, support warfighter performance, and focus on operational biotechnology for mission success. Duties include:
Our COVID-19 Task Force is taking every measure to protect our employees during this time. Speak to a recruiter about our telework options.
* Individual needs to be a self-starter with the ability to quickly grasp problems in a broad range of military applicable technology areas.
* Perform top-level technical analyses and assessments of new ideas for physical consistency, military utility, technology risk, and cost impacts.
* Rapidly troubleshoot complex technical problems. Must be able to initiate and evaluate revolutionary concepts relevant to TTO's mission areas.
* Experience in technical, managerial or scientific fields and have expert credentials or be recognized as an authority and have the mature judgement required to advise senior government personnel.
* Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
* Experience with basic, applied research and advanced technology development prior experience as a DARPA Program Manager or senior SETA contractor is highly desirable.
* Experience managing R&D programs form inception to closeout is also highly desirable.
* Individual will have demonstrated experience in the use of advanced techniques, theories, precepts, and practices in a scientific or technological discipline. Published articles in Field of Expertise highly desirable.
* MS/MA or Ph.D in a scientific or technological discipline
* At least ten (10) years' experience in technical or scientific fields and expert credentials or recognized as an authority
* Demonstrated skills conducting research and analysis in difficult technological problem areas of considerable scope and complexity requiring unconventional or novel approaches and sophisticated research techniques.
* Ph.D. in biology, physics, chemistry, neuroscience or engineering
* Demonstrated experience of working within the DARPA BTO technical environemtn is preferred.
* At least ten (10) years extensive experience, background and knowledge of one or more DARPA programs is highly desirable.
* At least five (5) years of experience working with DARPA Program Managers is highly desirable.
Company EEO Statement
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.