Global Business Intelligence Analyst, Supply Chain & Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a 'Global Business Intelligence Analyst - Supply Chain & Operations' you will have a significant strategic impact by advancing our digital transformation, in addition you will help improve overall operational efficiency by streamlining business processes and information flows. In order to succeed in this position it is critical that you have demonstrated success with identifying business needs in a manufacturing environment and translating them to IT solutions, as well as leading the full implementation process of the proposed solutions.
* Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with our key business leaders across the globe to support them to improve their business performance
* Clearly understand business needs, complexities and impact, and appreciate how needs in various regions affect each other, or can be maximized for common benefit
* Drive continuous improvement of our IT practices, procedures and supporting tools
* Conduct detailed analyses to identify gaps with business operations and support design and implementation of IT system changes in line with the overall IT strategy of the Label and Graphic Materials Group.
* Identify and present opportunities for Business Intelligence solutions and modeling improvements.
* Align with other functions to identify options for solutions delivery.
* Conduct business analysis, needs assessment and preliminary cost benefit analysis.
* Proactively find opportunities for business system improvements aligned with business strategy.
* Provide input into developing business and/or IT strategy
* Mentor more less-experienced BI Analysts and Business Analysts in other disciplines
* Manage enhancement queue and coordinate development and testing activities of technical staff
* Perform role as project manager for selected projects (medium to large-sized)
Skills & Experience:
* Experience in leading technical, complex projects in various global regions is required, with responsibility for project team leadership of resources across the regions
* Highlight technical requirements that may have come from a position in ETL or data modeling
* Ability to communicate complex technical information in a way that non technical groups can understand
* Experience using technology to a strategic advantage.
* Process documentation and continuous improvement
* Ability to facilitate multi-functional meetings
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate meetings to an effective conclusion
* Ability to operate independently in most situations
* Knowledge of structured data, such as entities, classes, hierarchies, relationships and metadata.
* Hands-on experience & knowledge with reporting and BI tools (Oracle OBIEE and IBM Cognos platforms)
* Functional requirements including business rules, data sources and processing needed to create the required insight for the organization
* Prototypes / Mash-ups (Develop ad hoc reports and build and run SQL queries)
* Data profiling of source and target systems
* Conceptual Data Models
* Solid grasp of Supply Chain and continuous Manufacturing processes, including Customer Service, Inventory Management, Claim Handling, Loss calculation, Lot Traceability, Demand Planning and Transportation
* Understanding of manufacturing and operational metrics, and ability to identify trends and outliers in data that could suggest material or production quality issues
* Keen perception of operational processes and ability to translate into digital solutions
* Experience with Internet of Things (IOT) and interfacing/rationalizing data from machine sensors
* BS degree in computer science, engineering or business, MBA a plus
* 8+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence analyst position or similar role
* Global work experience required
* Project Management certifications preferred
* Six Sigma qualiifcations strongly preferred
* Google Suite knowledge (including BigQuery, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio) considered a plus
* Experience in Data Science projects/programs, such as in predictive analytics, anomaly detection, or operations optimization, considered a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations Notice:
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact (440) 534-6080 or Jacqueline.Williams@averydennison.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.